Collapse
No announcement yet.

Showtime Vs HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is obvious HBO has more $$ to throw at certain fighters, and they have a star filled telecast. But that shouldn't give them the right to put great fighters against average joe's. Showtime on the other hand has very competive fights, those nice back and forth matches that this sport needs.

Having said that...as long as I get to see boxing every Sat...I really don't care whos better

Comment

Originally posted by Kimmy
      Showtime is becoming redundant. They lived off Tyson`s comeback then lost the Lewis Vs Tyson fight to HBO! Showtime have Tsyzu but don`t have the depth of quality of an HBO. Its healthy that two networks are competing but HBO win by a mile. I`m suprised HBO haven`t attempted to buy Showtime boxing programme!

Lewis-Tyson was a joint venture, the only one they've collaborated on so far...

Comment

SHOWTIME SUX!!! soooooooooo boring. and they're fighters arent as good. all they gots is tszyu and hatton

Comment

Originally posted by 2NdRoUnDkO
          SHOWTIME SUX!!! soooooooooo boring. and they're fighters arent as good. all they gots is tszyu and hatton
          Hatton has fought on that channel since the Pederson fight.

Showtime regulars now include Diego Corrales, Jeff Lacy, Mike Tyson, and Tszyu. Joel Casamayor is on a lot too.

They have also had fights with HBO "regulars" as of late, including Lamon Brewster, Wlad Klitschko, Cory Spinks, Zab Judah, upcoming Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

Let's not forget a lot of HBO "up and coming prospects" like Juan Diaz, Sam Peter, Kermit Cintron, Jameel McCline - have fought on ShoBox, often before showing up on HBO...

Comment

i prefer espn and shobox on show time. it seems that the big name fighters are involed in boaring fights while the "up and comers" are more entertaning.

Comment

HBO is rubber and showtime is glue. watever u say about HBO bounces off of rubber and sticks to clue(in this case showtime)

Comment

Showtime isnt bad its just that HBOs presentation is amazing and whenever I go to watch Showtime it just doesnt give me the same feeling. Almost seems as though your watching some old time boxing show.

Comment

yeah HBO i think is better as well showtime just is not as exciting

Comment

showtime is good...But Hbo is the Best

Comment

I agree about the presentation of HBO. the fights always have a different feel IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X