Felix Trinidad vs Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Felix Trinidad vs Manny Pacquiao

Who would win? How would he win?

I've asked myself this question for some time now and I cannot come up with an answer.

Manny Pacquiao is the "entire boxing package" as far as I'm concerned. Yet, would he be able to beat a taller hard-hitting puncher like Felix Trinidad?

Prime vs Prime Manny knocks him out. Tito was too slow on his feet, flat-footed. Hopkins and Oscar showed you how a real boxer toys with Tito, despite Oscar throwing that fight away at the end. The fight would have ended like Manny vs. Hatton I think. Tito was pretty overrated, his only good win was Vargas, beating a shot Sweet Pea wasn't an accomplishment.

Comment

Tito was not overrated. but Manny would be way to busy, and Tito doesn't like that. I'm picking Manny also.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbig1 View Post
        Tito was not overrated. but Manny would be way to busy, and Tito doesn't like that. I'm picking Manny also.
        He doesn't have one great win on his resume. Rican fighters always seem to be overrated, promoters push them and they get title shots they don't deserve because the promoters know they can cash in with the Puerto Rican audience.

Comment

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I grossly disagree with your point of view regarding Felix Trinidad and Puerto Rican Fighters in general. But first, if it is as you say, that promoters push PR Boxers into title shots they don't deserve, how is it that many PR Boxers end up with titles under their belts? If they were "undeserving" then it would be fair to say that they'd lose most of their title bouts which isn't the case.

Trinidad was a big puncher. Not too many weathered his blows. His record speaks for itself. But I have my doubts when pitting Felix Trinidad Against Many Pacquiao. Many was accustomed to fighting bigger taller boxers which may have given him an edge against Trinidad.
          mrbig1 mrbig1 likes this.

Comment

Trinidad was a beast in his prime that could decapitate your head with either hand.

Manny wasn’t unhittable and never faced a puncher like Trinidad.

I take Trinidad late TKO.

Comment

Tito too big and too strong.

Y'all forget that Manny is probably a natural lightweight who started off as a flyweight.

There's a reason Floyd & Manny dominated their era at welterweight.

There were no great natural welterweights.

I go with Tito by decapitation.

Zaroku Zaroku Dale566 Dale566 like this.

Comment

Thanks for your confirming post. Now, please remind me where to send those $50 I promised, LOL!

Can anyone imagine the ring entry between Trinidad & Pacquiao? I've never seen two boxers who smiled that much as they made their way into the ring.

Comment

This really the question I also ask myself several times. Trinidad is the best of all. Many of them think that he is overrated but he is not he deserves all the fame and victories because of his hard work. ​
                  Dale566 Dale566 likes this.

Comment

I would love to say prime Tito wins, but one needs a good Jab/educated Jab to beat Prime Manny. Tito didn't really have a good Jab, but just two fisted with power and a killer instinct. If Tito can somehow corner Manny, he can do some really damage because of his accuracy and power.
                    Zaroku Zaroku Dale566 Dale566 like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X