No announcement yet.

Matthew macklin vs amin asikainen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
    I hope Asikainen wins, for no reasons other than that he is Finnish. It would help create boxing bigger in Finland, especially if Asikainen gets a title shot due to it.

I imagine he won't though, his punch resistance seemed completely gone against Khoren Gevor.
    That was my impression as well after watching Asikainen and Ghevor however I still think The Fin is the smart bet with Macklin a 4-1 favorite at the books.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
      Robert Helenius seems to be a good prospect. His next fight should be an interesting one, as he's fighting someone who has only lost via SD and MD.
      There's no info on him at boxrec. But I can see that he's a heavyw.

Comment

Originally posted by Benncollinsaad View Post
        I always wondered why there were no famous Finnish boxers. Lord knows you got the genetics for it. As far as heavyweights are concerned anyway.
        There have been a couple of decent ones but it's just not a very popular sport over here. Getting good enough training and sparring seems to be a problem.

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
        Robert Helenius seems to be a good prospect. His next fight should be an interesting one, as he's fighting someone who has only lost via SD and MD.
        I wasn't impressed by him at all at first but he seems to have improved. Atleast he is taking on some fair opposition early on. He has good management, most Finnish boxers take on nobodies and lose when they step up against good opposition. Not to be overly critical but that's how it has usually been in my eyes.

Just to illustrate my point about Helenius, here's his pro debut:

His recent step up against former British champ Scott Gammer:

Last edited by TheGreatA; 09-21-2009, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Classic Rock View Post
          That was my impression as well after watching Asikainen and Ghevor however I still think The Fin is the smart bet with Macklin a 4-1 favorite at the books.
          I didn't think he would be that big of an underdog. Asikainen surely has a chance even if it's not a great one.

He reported to the Finnish press that he will attempt to weather the early storm and come back to take advantage of Macklin's tiredness in the later rounds with counter punching.

After studying films of his opponent he noticed that Macklin leaves himself open in the late rounds.

Comment

Macklin claims this fight, is just a stepping stone for a world title.

Comment

this fight is round the corner from my house do u think it is worth paying for?

Comment

Originally posted by eubank1 View Post
                this fight is round the corner from my house do u think it is worth paying for?
                Yeah go for it

Comment

I wasn't impressed by him at all at first but he seems to have improved. Atleast he is taking on some fair opposition early on. He has good management, most Finnish boxers take on nobodies and lose when they step up against good opposition. Not to be overly critical but that's how it has usually been in my eyes.
                  yep.just look at Juho Tolppola...

btw what do you think about Niko Jokinen?after Helenius he seems to be our top prospect.I personally aren't really sold on eather one

about Macklin-Asikainen...Amin has good chance to win,but I'm worried.
                  they share on opponent in Yori Boy Campas,Amin knocked him out,Macklin went to distance.
                  their records look similar,Asikainen has one good win over Sebastian Sylvester,who's Macklin's best win?Elcock?

Comment

Originally posted by Alec900 View Post
                    yep.just look at Juho Tolppola...

btw what do you think about Niko Jokinen?after Helenius he seems to be our top prospect.I personally aren't really sold on eather one

about Macklin-Asikainen...Amin has good chance to win,but I'm worried.
                    they share on opponent in Yori Boy Campas,Amin knocked him out,Macklin went to distance.
                    their records look similar,Asikainen has one good win over Sebastian Sylvester,who's Macklin's best win?Elcock?
                    Elcock is probably his best win. He had a 10 round war with Jamie Moore and ended up losing.

I think the 6 year age difference may end up being the decisive factor. I'm not sure about Macklin being a 4 to 1 favorite though.

I'll have a wait and see approach with Jokinen.

Otteli kerran täällä Tampereen alueella jotain 2-37 tyyppiä vastaan. Vaikee sanoo sen perusteella mikä Jokisen taso todella on.

Comment

Otteli kerran täällä Tampereen alueella jotain 2-37 tyyppiä vastaan. Vaikee sanoo sen perusteella mikä Jokisen taso todella on.
                      tuntuu heittävän noita koukkujaan aika laajalla kaarella,mikä ei tietysti haittaa sillon kun vastustaja vaan suojaa mutta...
                      muutenkin jotenkin väkinäistä se tekeminen niissä parissa matsissa mitä oon nähny

Comment

Working...
                      X