No announcement yet.

RIP Darren Sutherland 1982-2009

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
    He killed himself like a coward,he was a fine pugilist and i will miss that,but i cannot respect anyone who kills themselves thats what he wanted,he devistated his whoe family and for what.
    A coward?

It takes some fúcking bollocks to kill yourself. That's for sure. Is it a selfish act? Maybe. One could argue that it's very selfless. But cowardly is one of the worst words used to describe suicide. I wonder how many people so quick to brand someone a coward for taking their own life would actually have the will power to take their own.

Comment

Thanks a lot, I've been looking for that for ages!

And I don't know about the act being cowardly, maybe, but what I do know is that you have to be very desperate to actually go through with suicide and I have a hard time judging someone for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny Corleone View Post
        A coward?

It takes some fúcking bollocks to kill yourself. That's for sure. Is it a selfish act? Maybe. One could argue that it's very selfless. But cowardly is one of the worst words used to describe suicide. I wonder how many people so quick to brand someone a coward for taking their own life would actually have the will power to take their own.
        Agreed totally you have no right to call him a coward

Comment

I met Sutherland at Dublin airport a year before his Olympic success, shook his hand and wished him the best. He was very gracious, very humble.

Comment

He killed himself like a coward,he was a fine pugilist and i will miss that,but i cannot respect anyone who kills themselves thats what he wanted,he devistated his whoe family and for what.
            This is a thread for paying to respects to a popular, talented young guy whom a lot of people loved and admired. Some in this thread met or knew Darren in some capacity - you are in no place and have no right to judge him.

You're an absolute disgrace. Filth.

Comment

R.I.P Darren.

Such a great talent, and a tragic end.

This tribute will bring a tear to your eye,

Comment

Comment

Seems like it was only yesterday.

Time flies, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Stones! View Post
                    R.I.P Darren.

Such a great talent, and a tragic end.

This tribute will bring a tear to your eye,

Right on, Stones!, right on. I've watched those over and over.

Seems like it was only yesterday.

Time flies, man.
                    That time has passed crazy quick. I can't believe it was a year ago we heard of his passing...and I still can't believe he isn't here for us to see how he would be progressing right now.

Comment

Thats a very limited out look on it....i am sure if Darren had of been himself then he might of felt the same ...but he didnt...each mans pain is his own...who knows what was going on in that young mans mind before he did that ....

Comment

Working...
                      X