Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 10 Eastern European heavyweight prospects.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 Eastern European heavyweight prospects.

Top 15 Eastern European heavyweight prospects.

In with the new, out with the old. Except the current champions aren't interested in fighting any of the new, rather they will fight the old in Povetkin and Pulev, as they are safeer picks for title defenses.

The following are my personal rankings of the top Eastern European prospects which I loosely define as any nation West of Germany, North or Turkey / Iran and far east to Russia and Kazakhstan. The ratings are based on ability ( 50%), amatuer expeirce and achievement, ( 30%) and opponents beaten to date ( 20% ). If the prospect has already fought for a title ( Povektin or Pulev ) or is over 40 I'm not listing him here. I have seen all of the below in the ring.

1 ) Hrgovic. 6'6" 82" reach. Age 28. 12-0, 10 KO's Robbed in Rio, this Super Heavyweight with skills has a lot of power, durability, and size, complemented by good hand speed, good skills, and body attack and surprising footspeed. His style is best described as confrontational. Still developing on skills, he fights Hunter next, then forces a mandatory for the IBF title, which I think the winner of Joshua vs. Fury will drop to avoid him. Never floored or hurt as an amateur or pro, He's the next champion in my mind.

2 ) Usyk 6'3" 78" reach. Age 34. 18-0, 13 KO. Best described as a near pound for pound heavyweight the Southpaw Usyk can box and take a punch. His Stamina is excellent, and he has tons of successful amateur experience. Not necessarily a small man, the question is does hit hard enough to get his opponent's respect. I think so, but he'll needs a title shot soon, as he is getting up there in age.

3 ) Makmudov. 6'5" tall 80" reach, age 31. 11-0 11 KO. Oh what power. Comparable to Geroge Foreman. When Aslanbeck hits his man, their legs go and they are too disoriented to effectively clinch. A scary looking individual who is intimidating, his boxing ability is only only above average. Battle tested in the amateurs, only stopped once. My vote for best puncher in the division. His uppercut is absolutely sick. His right hand hits like a sledgehammer. Whoever fights him better have some movement and defense if they expect to last. His power is so good, he is not easy to make matches for. IMO he could one punch KO Wilder and spell the end of Fury or Johsua early if he lands his best stuff.

4 ) Jalolov. 6'7" estimated 82" reach, 7-0 7 KO's. Age 26. Perhaps the best potential on the list. A huge man who moves like a light heavyweight with legitimate KO power. This southpaw has also shown a good chin. For some reason he backs up too easily when he's out of his comfort zone. I'm not sure of his status and he has switched back and forth between amateur and pro. I am sure he has world class ability. If he puts it all together watch out.

5 ) Kownacki. 6'3" 76" reach, age 31. 20-1, 15 KO's. While his upside is less than most, he has beaten solid competition and has good professional experience. An active guy who will give his opponents a hard night works.

6 ) Vyhryst. 6'5 estimated to have a reach 80", age 28. 6-0, 4 KO's. Best described as Wald look a like, Vyhrst is an all a-rounder type, with rare counter punching ability for a heavyweight. A highly successful amateur. Power and chin do not seem to be world class, and he marks up a bit too quickly, but like I said he's a big man who can box and does lots of things well. Probably a lower level top 20 prospect when he matures.

7 ) Dychko. 6'9" tall . Estimated reach 83", age 30, 9-0, 9 Ko'. Dychko career is stuck in neutral due to lousy management. A highly accomplished amateur Dycko's has usually good timing and can be hard to match up with due to his footwork and long reach. A bit like a poor man's Tyson Fury. He does hit harder than Fury.

8 ) Medzhidov. 6'3" estimated reach 77". Age 34. 3-0. 3 KO's Who? Only a 3 time world amateur super heavyweight champion, that's who. IMO Medzhidov waited 4 years too long to turn professional and only has 3 fights on his pro resume. This square cut puncher who can box needs to be more active. If he was I'd rate him higher.

9 ) Tishchenko. 6'5" tall, estimated 80": reach. 8-0, 6KO's. Age 29. Tishchenko is a very tall and mobile man.. He's also very technical and a pain in the rear to outbox.He has moved down to Cruiser weight, but he's really tweener, about 212 pounds on fight night. Probably will win a belt at Cruiser. A very successful amateur that I'm listing here because he was and will likely end up a heavyweight .

10 ) Sirenko. 6'3 1/2" , estimated reach 78" 16-0, 13 KO's. Age 26.There are lots of guys you could list in this spot. Siremko has been active and he can hit, but his competition level has been very poor. A pretty boy type who gets by on his near movie star looks and KO's over weak opposition, I don't think he'll hold this spot for long.
    Last edited by Dr. Z; 05-03-2021, 01:42 PM.

change the font/background please. i can barely read it.

Comment

Some of these guys are central asian, not Eastern European. Does anybody ever look at a map?

[Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

and Kownacki & Usyk are considered prospects? I legit had to check the date this thread was made.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        Some of these guys are central asian, not Eastern European. Does anybody ever look at a map?

[Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

and Kownacki & Usyk are considered prospects? I legit had to check the date this thread was made.
        The following are my personal rankings of the top Eastern European prospects which I loosely define as any nation West of Germany, North or Turkey / Iran and far east to Russia and Kazakhstan. Ok, there is your map.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post

The following are my personal rankings of the top Eastern European prospects which I loosely define as any nation West of Germany, North or Turkey / Iran and far east to Russia and Kazakhstan. Ok, there is your map.
          What do you think of that guy Uzbek kid that was on the matchroom card last month? Was my first time getting a good look at him

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

What do you think of that guy Uzbek kid that was on the matchroom card last month? Was my first time getting a good look at him
            Do you mean Jalolov who fought on April 3, 2001. He's fantastic.

Comment

Do you mean Jalolov who fought on April 3, 2001. He's fantastic.
              Off by about 20 years but yeah, him. I like to follow prospects as well, but a lot of these guys I only get to read about for a while until I see them. Jalolov is one of them. Ryosuke Nishida is another like that, where I had only read about him until his last televised fight.

Comment

Take it from me, Jaolov is a very mobile southpaw with legs of steel, and owns the best straight left in the division. You can see him on the web or at you tube. He's not hard to find

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbgOrICcdq8
                _Rexy_ likes this.

Comment

Take it from me, Jaolov is a very mobile southpaw with legs of steel, and owns the best straight left in the division. You can see him on the web or at you tube. He's not hard to find

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbgOrICcdq8
                  I meant seeing him live lol. Was my first actual fight seeing him. Hoping to see more, kids talented.

Comment

Working...
                  X