No announcement yet.

Boxing now for the UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AndyShitHot View Post
    Things are so bad for boxing at the moment, if Sky Sports actually showed any commitment to boxing then I would subscribe but they show minimal interest and at the moment only have 3 scheduled boxing shows coming up, all of those are just domestic Sky Sports Friday Night Fights bouts, they don't show any of the US bouts and at the moment we don't even know what they are doing with Mayweather-Marquez or if they are getting involved in the Super Six. It's pathetic, we need Setanta back but without the football as thats what sent them under, they spent **** loads on it but football fans just resented them for taking away games from Sky Sports.

I thought Mayweather-Marquez was going to be ppv on boxoffice.

Comment

Things are so bad for boxing at the moment, if Sky Sports actually showed any commitment to boxing then I would subscribe but they show minimal interest and at the moment only have 3 scheduled boxing shows coming up, all of those are just domestic Sky Sports Friday Night Fights bouts, they don't show any of the US bouts and at the moment we don't even know what they are doing with Mayweather-Marquez or if they are getting involved in the Super Six. It's pathetic, we need Setanta back but without the football as thats what sent them under, they spent **** loads on it but football fans just resented them for taking away games from Sky Sports.

Aye them arse holes might as well be called Sky Football, they spend all day and all night going on and on about it, regurgitating the same old Football stories over and over again.

I can't stand them.

Comment

• Really sucks trying to watch boxing here in the UK right now. Setanta were actually descent and showed a fair few fights but now it's gone were ****ed!

Comment

• Originally posted by Leffe View Post
          I thought Mayweather-Marquez was going to be ppv on boxoffice.
          Nope it's offically on Sky Sports now at 2am. I don't have Sky Sports so i'm gonna have to stream it now. The Friday Night Fights schedule is looking better than usual with McDermott-Fury, ***ton-Rogan II, Rhodes-Moore and Jennings-Brook all coming up in Sept/Oct but until Sky Sports start committing to more big US Fights especially events like the Super Six Tournament then they won't be seeing any more money from me.

Comment

Nope it's offically on Sky Sports now at 2am. I don't have Sky Sports so i'm gonna have to stream it now. The Friday Night Fights schedule is looking better than usual with McDermott-Fury, ***ton-Rogan II, Rhodes-Moore and Jennings-Brook all coming up in Sept/Oct but until Sky Sports start committing to more big US Fights especially events like the Super Six Tournament then they won't be seeing any more money from me.

Yer i see it last night.

Although the rest are domestic they have some cracking fights coming up.

Comment

• It's very painful being a boxing fan in the uk at the mo. No outlet for us fans at all

Comment

• Originally posted by Shanks View Post
                It's very painful being a boxing fan in the uk at the mo. No outlet for us fans at all
                The whole UK boxing scene sucks at the moment, Sky Sports have picked up their game slightly with the quality of FFN cards coming up but the fact that we still don't know who, if anyone, will be showing the Super Six Tournament is actually unbelieveable.

Comment

• WOW i feel bad for u british fans...I thought james degale and other olympians
                  would bring a demand for boxing there.Are they not that popular?America is trying real hard to find the next boxing star.We wanted medals real bad.. but just got 1 which was the bronze....who is the next great thing in boxing in britan?amir khan...boxing is suffering everywhere...manny is not even american..and he is carring boxing in the usa...gonna be a shame if he really does retire...floyd is popular but not exicting.

Comment

• Uk has:
                    Sky Sports FNF

US had:
                    ESPN2 FNF, ESPN Classics, MSG
                    (Subscription)Showtime, HBO

I don't watch ESPN2 FNF really, ESPN Classics I watch very rarely, I like MSG because they have some documentaries and shows dedicated to past fighters (I'm watching MSG Fight Night Classics: Macho Time at MSG, which shows some Hector Camacho fights with commentary from people in the boxing industry), I haven't subscribed to Showtime or HBO but I usually download their big fights.

It looks like you guys might be getting ESPN FNF boxing over there though (Classics too maybe?).

Comment

Working...
                    X