No announcement yet.

British Boxing Commentators

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Boxing Commentators

Colin Hart is the best comentator Britain has to offer.He is not afraid of going against convention and doesnt need this patriotism and political correctness rubbish.The man is impartial,fair and very knowledgeable.I remember before Hatton fought Mayweather.Hart clearly said Hatton would be knocked out.This time around he said the same thing.Colin Hart deserves great respect.If only everyone could say what they actually believe instead of just jumping on the bandwagon.

Barry Mcguigan,I dont know how he still got the job.The guy knows jack
    Steve Bunce-he is always off the mark,he should stop making predictions.
    Johnny Nelson-this guy is trying too hard to be a fan instead of being a commentator.Why wont he tell the truth.He is always licking someone's ass.

Can you guys talk about any commentators and tell us how you see them.They obviously read these forums and it is good for them to know what we think about them.
    Last edited by Bobby Shaw; 05-06-2009, 06:50 AM.

Originally posted by chiyoko View Post
    Colin Hart is the best comentator Britain has to offer.He is not afraid of going against convention and doesnt need this patriotism and political correctness rubbish.The man is impartial,fair and very knowledgeable.I remember before Hatton fought Mayweather.Hart clearly said Hatton would be knocked out.This time around he said the same thing.Colin Hart deserves great respect.If only everyone could say what they actually believe instead of just jumping on the bandwagon.

Barry Mcguigan,I dont know how he still got the job.The guy knows jack
    Steve Bunce-he is always off the mark,he should stop making predictions.
    Johnny Nelson-this guy is trying too hard to be a fan instead of being a commentator.Why wont he tell the truth.He is always licking someone's ass.

Can you guys talk about any commentators and tell us how you see them.They obviously read these forums and it is good for them to know what we think about them.
    What's wrong with Barry? i like bazza.

Comment

Colin Hart is a pundit not a commentator, he does speak to truth in regards to Hatton particularly. I do think he has a bit of bone to pick with Hatton on occasion as well, why i couldn't tell you.

He comes out with some good points sometimes but it's usually followed by a load of bollocks afterwards.

I appreciate Ian Darke as a commentator, i know a lot of others dont. I just think he does a good job with background story whilst actually commentating on the fight as well.

Comment

i agree with you that barry mcguigan is terrible.He totally ruined the froch-taylor fight.

I personally think that the partnership of jim watt and ian darke(especially watt) is the best in world boxing.They are slightly biased towards british fighters but dont go overboard.

Comment

Colin Hart, I noticed myself that he always seems to have a pop at Hatton. Maybe a sign of jealousy? He needs a new wig anyways, the one he had on the other night was terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by _PlaT_NuM_ View Post
            What's wrong with Barry? i like bazza.
            I like Mcguigan as well . Here he is telling Calzaghe Lacy won't get a shot on him if he sticks that right jab in his face 3.05 of this vid , good prediction . He's the only one I can remember as well who more or less got Mayweather Hatton right from this side of the Atlantic

Comment

Originally posted by alza1988 View Post
              I like Mcguigan as well . Here he is telling Calzaghe Lacy won't get a shot on him if he sticks that right jab in his face 3.05 of this vid , good prediction . He's the only one I can remember as well who more or less got Mayweather Hatton right from this side of the Atlantic

Yeah, i remember that. his predictions are usually right and i don't mind his commentating either

Comment

The UK commentators are overall better than the American commentators. I especially like Jim Watt.

There are no real morons like Teddy Atlas, or nuthugging fanboys like Max Kellerman among them.

There are some good ones in the US too though, like Steward, Lampley, Tessitore and Johnson.

Comment

That wig was hilarious, we were in stitches with it .

Comment

Originally posted by RED ARMY View Post
                    That wig was hilarious, we were in stitches with it .
                    thank god it wasn't only me who noticed then. I had to point it out to my mates and they were in stitches also. worst wig ever.

Comment

Working...
                    X