Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barnes v Hare

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great performance by Barnes to stop Hare in 6 rounds, he looked in control all the way and floored Hare twice then the ref stopped the fight.

Comment

Very impressive performance by Barnes, his shots were very sharp and had too much power for Hare. I thought Hare did well to get up from that shot in the 4th though.

Comment

Originally posted by 1punchmickey
        when i first seen this fight had been made i could'nt believe that barnes team had picked such a tough fight.
        barnes is a v good prospect but hare imo is a well polished all round fighter.
        this should be good early but in the championship rounds i see hare coming on alot stronger.
        i imagine it will go to points though with hare just nicking a close decision.
        how wrong was i!!!!!!!!!!
        i never seen the fight going the way that it did.
        i think barnes will have suprised a few people me included but what now for hare.
        where does he go from this?

Comment

I was impressed with Barnes. I think in a couple of years he could be fighting for a major world title.

Comment

great perfromance by Barnes it seems his hand trouble has sorted itself and he can half whack, something I was pretty amazed by as he has always come accross as a slick counter puncher with not a great deal of pwoer.

could be that hand trouble made him fight like that for a period.

be great if do start to see more perfomances like that he really gave it too hare, whom was finge top ten 18 months ago.

good stuff,

Comment

Yeah, a very good performance by Barnes. Maybe he'll have grown enough balls to get in the ring against Vincent again (Who was in attendance), instead of paying him step aside money.

Comment

Originally posted by tony
                Yeah, a very good performance by Barnes. Maybe he'll have grown enough balls to get in the ring against Vincent again (Who was in attendance), instead of paying him step aside money.
                #

that was a robbery but i see barnes beating the **** out of vincent after that.

Comment

Hare looked terrible going forwards though, just throwing the random winging right hand. Vincent is all about constant controlled pressure, albeit if a little one dimensional. Barnes wouldn't be able to do as he pleased as he did with Hare. I'll concede that it would be a closer fight second time out though.

Comment

and he does owe jimmy a shot.

i just see him being far too cute at this stage that was jimmy'smoment of glory and they robbed it from him.

Comment

Yeah, you might be right there... But if Barnes has any self respect he'll fight Jimmy again - Everyone knew he got the gift that night. It'll hang over him if he doesn't try and settle the score. Especially since he's paid step aside money.

Comment

Working...
                      X