No announcement yet.

Olympics should allow Pro boxers to compete

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympics should allow Pro boxers to compete

They do it with every other sport these days so why not boxing aswell?

you wouldn't get top class professional fighters to do it anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Chayal Boded. View Post
      you wouldn't get top class professional fighters to do it anyway
      But you'd still get interest in top pro fighters that would compete which would create many more names in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Khan-Fan View Post
        But you'd still get interest in top pro fighters that would compete which would create many more names in boxing.
        I don't know, I never really enjoyed olympic boxing or put much weight into the outcomes. not to take anything away from the competitors.

Comment

also there's no point turning pro if you still have olympic ambitions. they have to train with the team a year in advance with no fight money coming in and it's not like even winning a gold gets your name out there.

Comment

Too many greedy fat cats involved in boxing these days, they will say "why give away for free what people will pay for"

It would also mean the best fighters from each division would actually face each other and sadly thats something else that seems to go against the grain of modern boxing.

Comment

Ya can't...besides,if your fighter is fighting against a home country fighter,he is still gonna have to get a KO,just to get a draw.

Comment

I think it's good that the Olympics is exclusively amateur. it provides a pinnacle and something truly worth winning to the amateur game. If there was no Olympics the amatuer sport would suffer badly and lead to far too many fighters going pro before learning their trade or simply discovering that they are not good enough.

I think being an Olympian is a good launchpad and shows you have the potential to go pro if you so wish. I disagree a gold doesn't get your name out there, DeGale is now in a position to make some money if he goes pro. Price could possibly be aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by Chayal Boded. View Post
                  also there's no point turning pro if you still have olympic ambitions. they have to train with the team a year in advance with no fight money coming in and it's not like even winning a gold gets your name out there.
                  ???????????? Are you kidding me? Ever hear of Oscar De la Hoya? Who got 2 million people to pay $50 for a sparring match. That's not the only example. Sugar Ray Leonard, Muhammad Ali, Pernell Whitaker, Meldrick Taylor. Not only are you looking at a P4P All-Time list, these guys are the biggest superstars of the sport

Comment

Originally posted by MikeBrew328 View Post
                    ???????????? Are you kidding me? Ever hear of Oscar De la Hoya? Who got 2 million people to pay $50 for a sparring match. That's not the only example. Sugar Ray Leonard, Muhammad Ali, Pernell Whitaker, Meldrick Taylor. Not only are you looking at a P4P All-Time list, these guys are the biggest superstars of the sport
                    i think he means winning a gold does not guarantee this kind of stardom and it certainly doesn't mean the same as it did 10 years ago.

i mean, hows andre ward doing?

Comment

Working...
                    X