No announcement yet.

Harrison-Rogan off again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harrison-Rogan off again

Audley Harrison’s bout with Martin Rogan has been postponed for a second time, after the latter was forced to pull out of the September 6 heavyweight clash through injury.

The pair had been originally scheduled to meet in Birmingham on July 2 but that date was scrapped due to ‘TV scheduling’ issues.

The fight was then added to next month’s Amir Khan-fronted show at the Manchester Evening News Arena, but now Rogan has withdrawn after doctors ordered the Prizefighter winner to stop sparring for at least six weeks because of a tendon inflammation in his hands.

"It is very frustrating and disappointing for all this to happen," Rogan’s coach, John Breen, told The Irish Independent.

"Everything was going well for the new date until Rogie's hands started to give him bother over a week ago.

"He complained of them being sore after a sparring session in the gym and when we went to the hospital we were told by the doctor he would have to lay off sparring for a few weeks.

"These things happen in boxing from time to time and you have to accept them. Rogie is having ice treatments every day and is on a course of anti-inflammatory tablets. Hopefully the condition heals quickly and he will be back in the gym by the end of this month."

http://www.setantasports.com/en/Spor...locale/boxing/

Oh for **** sake...

I was looking forward to it as well I like Rogan.

Comment

Originally posted by ijkl112
      Can you help me? Can you teach me that how i can make that beautiful topic and screen of dofus kamas or gold.
      Go to the end of the rainbow.

Then pull out a knife.

And slit your wrists

Comment

why didnt they just get someone else for Harrison to fight

Comment

i like rogan, watched him on prize fighter, beat the hell out of david dowlan in the final

Comment

Originally posted by duffgun View Post
            why didnt they just get someone else for Harrison to fight
            Sky still list him to fight I think, so it may happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Decypher View Post
              Sky still list him to fight I think, so it may happen.
              Audley Harrison will face experienced Brazilian heavyweight champion George Arias at the MEN Arena on Saturday night over 10 rounds.

Harrison was due to fight Martin Rogan, but the Irishman pulled out with an injury.

Now Arias has stepped in to fill the breach in a fight that Harrison knows he has to win to keep his world title ambitions alive.

Arias, 34, has a 41-10 record with 29 early wins, although the first half of his career was spent at cruiserweight.

It was in that division that he traveled to London in January 2001 and dropped a points decision to WBO cruiserweight world champion Johnny Nelson.

He has also lost on points to, among others, Owen Beck and Sinan Samil Sam.

Southpaw Harrison, 22-3 (17) will have a significant height advantage and will be expected to defeat Arias.

http://www.frankwarren.tv/drill/News...ian-champ.html

Comment

Working...
              X