Collapse
No announcement yet.

Briton DeGale wins boxing medal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gb gold medal! I see this guy training at the gym i go to and hes a cool guy didnt know hell be in the olympics.

Comment

I think he has a good chance in the pros, though if he fights at SMW then he will just be known as the Joe Calzaghe wannabe.

Comment

My money's on Frank Warren signing him up, getting 'Gale force' a few wins and maybe the WBO belt and then trying to call Calzaghe out of retirement.

Comment

that would be a great shame. i hope he sees sense and goes to an american promoter (or stays amatuer, which according to the sun he is considering)

Comment

4 years is a long time, he ought to strike while the iron is hot. Imagine resisting million dollar offers for 4 years in order to fight at London 2012 and then getting an injury or drawing the favourite 1st round and losing.

Comment

He has nothing else to prove at Amateur level he's the gold medalist, and it's not like pro boxing where you can duck the dangerous opponents, he fought and beat everyone put in front of him in a short space of time.

He has to turn pro and take this opportunity, sign with Golden Boy or something but please don't sign with Frank Warren.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Blues View Post
                The only fight I saw of Degale's was the gold medal one.
                My reaction to the fight and his victory has nothing to do with the fact that the USA ****** in the olympics.I simply agree with the crowd who was there watching it live and booed him loudly after the fight.
                Yes,he won...but he benefited from the ref and the idotic scoring that is now olympic boxing.There were numerous punches thrown and landed by the Cuban which was not scored.
                Degale also was given two points when he claimed he was bit...the ref didn't see it,the cameras and replays didn't see it,yet he was given points.
                Also in the interview after the fight,he came off as somewhat of a punk and a *****.

I had no rooting interest in the fight...but if I had been there,I would have been booing just like the people there.
                the british boxer held on to win because he kept on holding, lol!!

Comment

Originally posted by chito View Post
                  the british boxer held on to win because he kept on holding, lol!!
                  How did the Philippines do in the Olympics?

Comment

Working...
                  X