Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frank Bruno

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha I have his autograph, he took up like 5 lines and I can't tell what the letters are... or why he used up so many lines (does he have like 3 middle names?), but apparently he's a nice guy. The fight with Lennox is not that great a fight. It's good to watch in the fact that it was very competitive, and tha the hurt Lennox pretty good, but in the end Frank was too sparing, and Lennox was too nervous, but got the knockout win he wanted. Watch Oliver Mcall I guess, that one was good.

Comment

He was a TV personality, he had a fantastic laugh and did aload of theatre like pantomines and stuff. Shame he got depressed but looks like hes out of it now! everyone loved Bruno he was a big softie!

Comment

Originally posted by Fernando Torres View Post
        How the **** was he underrated. He had no heart or chin and never defended his world title. He was slow and average on world stage, but a character and a big hope at home. His jab and right hand weren't all that either.
        How the **** wasn't he underrated. He had a good jab big power in his straight right go and actually see more than 3 bruno fights. He was average on the world stage and he did have a weak chin but many people call him a bum which is just not true. I agree with another post about bruno being a dirty fighter in the williams fight he used the elbow a fair bit. Oh his jab must have been fairly good as he out jabbed williams then again you have probably never seen a carl williams fight so you dont know how good a jab williams had.

Comment

Originally posted by col Blake View Post
          yep, he had no chin and no stamina, but for some reason he was liked more than Lewis.
          His fight with Lewis was one of his best. he come close to beating Witherspoon, Bone Crusher Smith, but lack of chin and a inability to hold on when hurt was his down fall, not many classic fights as he fought many journey men to get a title shot, claim to fame was hurting Tyson with a good shot in his first fight, and his win against nut case McCall who would burst ot crying before a fight. Bruno was one of the dirtest fighters out there people forget that, see him Batter Bugner who was sitting down on the bottom rope when Bruno layed into him.

You should check out the Benn Vs McClellen fight with Bruno at ring side, funny stuff.
          yeah bruno never had that many great fight his most exciting fight was probably against tillis.

Comment

How the **** was he underrated. He had no heart or chin and never defended his world title. He was slow and average on world stage, but a character and a big hope at home. His jab and right hand weren't all that either.
            We all know Frank wasn't a great fighter but there haven't been many fighters who could match his dedication and determination to get to the top. Some people may even call that having heart. Me included.

Yeah, he lost the title in his first defence but how many times did you defend the heavyweight title sunshine?

Comment

He had such shocking stamina, must have been all those muscles.

I think he was very good though.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Yomama View Post
                We all know Frank wasn't a great fighter but there haven't been many fighters who could match his dedication and determination to get to the top. Some people may even call that having heart. Me included.

Yeah, he lost the title in his first defence but how many times did you defend the heavyweight title sunshine?
                Huh? Apart from the fact that I am not a heavyweight that makes no ****ing sense at all. What I've done has no relevance to how he was rated, and to top it all off Bruno didn't defend the title a single time either. Ponce!

Originally posted by duffgun View Post
                How the **** wasn't he underrated. He had a good jab big power in his straight right go and actually see more than 3 bruno fights. He was average on the world stage and he did have a weak chin but many people call him a bum which is just not true. I agree with another post about bruno being a dirty fighter in the williams fight he used the elbow a fair bit. Oh his jab must have been fairly good as he out jabbed williams then again you have probably never seen a carl williams fight so you dont know how good a jab williams had.
                I've seen them all you obnoxious prick. Don't get all smarty pants coz you wank over his vids. He wasn't underrated because he got to the world stage and got tooken out. Was juts another domestic level fighter hyped up to be the British hope. If anything, he was over ****ing rated. You stigeez get excited about any ****, even Amir Khan! I never said he was a bum anyway.

Comment

Huh? Apart from the fact that I am not a heavyweight that makes no ****ing sense at all. What I've done has no relevance to how he was rated, and to top it all off Bruno didn't defend the title a single time either. Ponce!

I've seen them all you obnoxious prick. Don't get all smarty pants coz you wank over his vids. He wasn't underrated because he got to the world stage and got tooken out. Was juts another domestic level fighter hyped up to be the British hope. If anything, he was over ****ing rated. You stigeez get excited about any ****, even Amir Khan! I never said he was a bum anyway.
                  Ok.
                  So I have established that you are a ****ing idiot. If you'd like me translate my previous post into chav so you can understand it, just ask instead of resorting to childish insults. All I was saying is you shouldn't criticise a man who has accomplished more in his chosen field than most can even dream of.

P.S You aren't half the man your mum used to be

Comment

I was ringside when he beat MCcall, it was a good night.

Bruno was just a big guy. Funnily enough he gave Lewis a rough night.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Yomama View Post
                      Ok.
                      So I have established that you are a ****ing idiot. If you'd like me translate my previous post into chav so you can understand it, just ask instead of resorting to childish insults. All I was saying is you shouldn't criticise a man who has accomplished more in his chosen field than most can even dream of.

P.S You aren't half the man your mum used to be
                      He didn't have heart and acheiving more than most worker bees doesn't make him any good. Even Fatt Skelton excels in that field. If he had heart he would not have got knocked out so many times including once bya a journeyman when he was coming up. Do the homework on Smith a world class punching bag. Whenever he got caught he looked like he was stoned when in fact he had given in. He is only rated in UK.

Originally posted by stefjonno1 View Post
                      I was ringside when he beat MCcall, it was a good night.

Bruno was just a big guy. Funnily enough he gave Lewis a rough night.
                      That doesn't say much!

Comment

Working...
                      X