• Hatton vs Thaxton

Hatton vs Thaxton,

Iv never seen this fight, was wondering if it was any good,
    Cheers

Pro Fight No. 22
    Opponent: Jonathan Thaxton (19-5)
    Date: Oct. 21, 2000, London
    Result: Hatton by decision in 12
    Why it matters: Hatton had barely been tested in 21 previous bouts, winning all but four by stoppage. This was baby's first bloodbath; the boyish Hatton, just turned 22, dominated a gruesome slugfest for the British light welterweight crown. The nails-tough Thaxton opened a cut on Hatton's left eyebrow about 15 seconds into the first round. It gushed as Thaxton honed in, and Hatton's ace cut man Mick Williamson had to put all his tools to work. Thaxton banged a looping right on Hatton's forehead in Round 2 and looked strong. But Hatton began scoring with short rights and combinations. He cut Thaxton in the third. By Round 5, Hatton was pot-shoting Thaxton, whose face became a bloody mask. In the seventh Hatton clobbered Thaxton with rights, and the older opponent seemed ready to go, but Hatton couldn't finish him. When Hatton's own cut opened again a round later, impairing his vision, referee Paul Thomas legitimately could have stopped either fighter on cuts. Even a massive Hattton right to close the 11th couldn't stop the relentless Thaxton. Hatton took a decision, and soon after he had plastic surgery that -- for a while at least -- made him less vulnerable to cuts.

man that fight sounds awesome . tell me if you find it anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by hunter1 View Post
      man that fight sounds awesome . tell me if you find it anywhere
      Iv been looking but no luck yet, il let you know if i find it mate.

Comment

I would love to see that one again too. Both of them were too brave and stubborn to give an inch...

Comment

was an absolute quality fight

Comment

Watched it live.
            Every hatton fan spent the whole time thinking the ref was gonna stop it.
            And to be fair with ANY other ref and in any other country this would have been stopped as the cut was HUGE! and Ricky would have had his first loss, but he didnt so it does not matter

Comment

I've been looking for this one for ages also! Ever since I read about in a magazine I've wanted to see it.

Comment

sounds gd il look it up

Comment

Was a good fight but was only made interesting because of early cut to Hatton. I have 95% of his fights on dvd and to be fair this is one of the best to watch.

Comment

I remember that fight like it was yesterday.

Boxing + War = Hatton vs Thaxton.

Brilliant fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X