Collapse
No announcement yet.

The top 15 GREATEST BOXERS OF ALL TIME

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At the time this thread was made that list is understandable. Currently however, I'd move Floyd up to that #1 spot. Keep SRR top 2, Ali 3rd.
    After that its random no order.
    George Foreman, Roy Jones, SRL, Manny Pacquiao, Marvin Hagler, Sweet Pea, Lennox Lewis.

Comment

• Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
      if I had to pick the greatest all round boxer of all time it’s leonard...he had everything , footwork , speed , underrated power , championship rounds stamina , a true finisher , heart and timing.
      For me my idol and the greatest boxer I have ever seen in my lifetime.
      What I meant by jones is go the eye he looked amazing but the difference with him and Leonard was Leonard proved against some of the greatest fighters in history
      yeah, Leonard was pretty complete, and applied it well. He also was always searching for the kill.

Have you seen Jofre? How about Wilfredo Gomez or Ezzard Charles? They were pretty complete. Harold Johnson, MArquez and Holyfield were all very sound fighters.

Duran and Lomachenko apply the pressure so heavy, but they do it w/o getting hit. Their "Defense" is more subtle, but they are incredibly effective at not getting hit.

Comment

• Henry Armstrong #2, Pep Top 5.

Originally posted by Burning Desire View Post
        Wheres, Ricardo Lopez, Herny Armstrong, Willie Pep, Julio Cesar Chavez, Roberto Duran, Benny Leonard, Jimmy Wilde etc ?? im sorry but i think is a bad list.
        Yup !
        The language on Rocky m. tells much about what this disposition really is (non comprehensive utterly).

Comment

• Originally posted by Ritz Kola View Post
          At the time this thread was made that list is understandable. Currently however, I'd move Floyd up to that #1 spot. Keep SRR top 2, Ali 3rd.
          After that its random no order.
          George Foreman, Roy Jones, SRL, Manny Pacquiao, Marvin Hagler, Sweet Pea, Lennox Lewis.
          No Willie Pep no Henry Armstong? Right ! *sure thing ! : )

Comment

• [QUOTE=Rusty Tromboni;20016255]yeah, and Lomachenko

Narrow it first of all. This is a ATG LIST.
            Lomenchenko is active. Gotta be five year distance.
            Ezzard Charles is always spoke about as "a great" BUT...no Top 15 a.t. not possible.
            His record has lapses too.
            George Foreman gonna RATE EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK MILES ABOVE EZZARD CHARLES. WELL....
            how I see the big & bad world anyway !

Comment

• Jake LaMotta over Jack Johnson on a a.g. list good for giggles !

Comment

• [QUOTE=Bill Hodge;20179882]
                Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
                yeah, and Lomachenko

Narrow it first of all. This is a ATG LIST.
                Lomenchenko is active. Gotta be five year distance.
                Ezzard Charles is always spoke about as "a great" BUT...no Top 15 a.t. not possible.
                His record has lapses too.
                George Foreman gonna RATE EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK MILES ABOVE EZZARD CHARLES. WELL....
                how I see the big & bad world anyway !
                Foreman couldn't handle pure-boxers, though.

Don't get me wrong, George was Robinson-esque at times. But only on offense. When he returned he was more measured, and used his jab more effectively/tactically. But he was never the boxer-puncher that Robinson was.

For me, Charles' versatility makes the difference. When he couldn't paste a guy, he could out-box him. Same w/ Napoles. Foreman NEEDED you to stand in front of him.

A lot of it comes down to brains. Foreman proved he had talent and heart, but Gil Clancy couldn't get through to him. Charles soaked up every Ray Arcel had to teach him. To me, that makes the difference. For that reason, I cannot put Foreman over Charles. No matter how much it looks like Foreman could have done, we sadly can only evaluate him on what he actually did.

Comment

• i would deffo take off a few and add in the likes of Roberto Duran and Julio Cesar Chavez amongst a few others

Comment

• Roy Jones Jr and Marvin Hagler aswell*

Comment

• Originally posted by teamwork7 View Post
                      Who are the best boxers of all time? I have compiled a list of boxer’s based on their boxing ability, what they achieved in the sport, and how they conducted themselves in and out of the ring. I have put why I rate them so highly also. It is so hard to because every time you think you have it right, you go down the list and pretty much every fighter in their prime – you think “ he could have beaten him” I have decided on this list, and that is that, and it is based on pound for pound credibility’s basically.

1) Sugar Ray Robinson – Had it all, could defend, could attack, and could do anything.
                      2) Muhammad Ali – Has to be right up there, could be below Robinson, or could be below Leonard, but I have him second.
                      3) Rocky Marciano, - I think to retire undefeated in an era that was so hard, especially as a 5”10 Heavyweight was amazing, what a KO percentage – 87.75.
                      4) Sugar ray Leonard - Some of you will think he should be higher, but I think I have him about right.
                      5) Oscar De La Hoya – I think he has to be there, he has fought the best, and is one of the best. Goes in for a battle comes out usually unmarked having won. In his day could have beat all of these above him. I could have had him higher. In fact looking at it, he could be as high as number 3 really.
                      6) Roy Jones Jnr – His record speaks for itself, multiple weight champions, still going today.
                      7) Floyd Mayweather – People will argue this one to the hilt. But I say this – he has beat De la Hoya, Hatton, Judah etc, he could have fought in any era, a top class fighter.
                      8) Jack Dempsey – Probably one of the most popular fighters of all, again KO’s were amazing.
                      9) Joe Frazier – beat Ali, says it all really, lost to only Foreman & Ali, and that speaks for itself.
                      10) Joe Louis – Held the heavy weight title for 11 years, before retiring after being KO by Rocky Marciano, which happened a lot to everyone else so.
                      11) Bernard Hopkins or Joe Calzaghe if can beat him, Joe calzaghe ranked alongside him. Hopkins because of his stature within the fighting world, and his ability to move up the weights and win world titles. But I think that if Calzaghe beats him then he can be here – has been champion for over 10 years. His actual ability is up there with Ali, his hand speed, tactical boxing brain and ability to take a punch. I believe he could have fought in any era, pitty he could not have fought with Leonard.
                      12) Evander Holyfield – A brilliant boxer, who had a brilliant career, wins over the likes of Tyson, Holmes & Foreman cement his position here amongst the greats.
                      13) Mike Tyson – To win the world heavy weight crown at 20 is one hell of an achievement, but outside influences destroyed what could have been the best of all time.
                      14) Jake La Motta – Some amongst us probably think he should not be here and those below that are mentioned should be, but I put him here for pure reputation inside and outside the boxing ring.
                      15) Jack Johnson – The first black heavyweight, in an era that was hard, very hard and known fro brutality inside the ring as well as outside on the streets. A top class boxer, with a good heart.

Honorable mentions for their ability and what they bought to the sport.

Tommy Hearn’s, Marvin Haggler, Jimmy Wilde, Ricky Hatton (had to I’m British), George Foreman. Lennox Lewis, Henry Armstrong, Larry Holmes, Marco Antonio Barrera, Manny Pacquiao, Chris Eubank, Nigel Benn, Steve Collins, Barry McGuigan, Henry Cooper.
                      witaker y roy jones por encima de oscar de la polla tyson lo veo mas arriba tambien,sinceramente oscar de la polla no lo veo en los 15 mejores,quizas bajo mi punto de vista paquiao podria estar cerca de los 15
                      Last edited by oscar delapolla; 04-05-2020, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X