McCullough's comeback bout is off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCullough's comeback bout is off

BBC.co.uk
    Wayne McCullough's comeback bout on Saturday has been called off because his opponent Kiko Martinez was one and three-quarter pounds over the weight.
    There was chaos at Belfast's King's Hall as the European super-bantamweight champion Martinez failed to make the agreed 8st 12lb mark.

The Spaniard had an hour to go away and take the excess off, but he did not return to the scales.

It is unclear whether the rest of the bill will proceed.

The British Boxing Board of Control Northern Ireland area council secretary, John Campbell, said: "The fight is now not on. The scales were closed at 2.30pm."

McCullough had been hoping that a surprise win over Martinez would earn him a world title shot in 2008.

Shame,i wanted to see Kiko in action again,i guess he will be moving up to join the featherweights

what they might do is stick it on the Duddy - Eastman fight card next week in Belfast
    Last edited by Brian13; 11-30-2007, 02:13 PM. Reason: mistake

Comment

THANKFULLY! i love pocket-rocket and don't wanna see him take another, unnecessary, entertainment-filled beating!

Comment

We all know who should be making the comeback out of these two

Comment

I love the the man, but he should quit, the man is an advert for brain damage, he is so ****ing hard, the hardest man in boxing, but to hard for his own good,

Comment

Working...
          X