Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by msagrain View Post
    Live boxing on the BBC

Frankie Gavin is the world amateur Lightweight boxing champion
    The BBC will show live action as England's highly successful amateur team takes on the USA in London on Friday 30 November.

British boxing is on a high and that has filtered down to amateur level with lightweight Frankie Gavin becoming Great Britain's first-ever world amateur boxing champion.

Gavin, who won the title in Chicago last month, will be in action at York Hall in Bethnal Green along with fellow qualifiers for the Beijing Olympics, Joe Murray and Bradley Saunders.

The action is live on BBCi and the BBC Sport website and highlights are on BBC One on Saturday.

On Saturday 8 December BBC Radio 5 Live and the BBC Sport website will have commentary on one of the most eagerly awaited bouts in boxing history as Ricky Hatton takes on Floyd Mayweather Jnr.

BBC is starting to get back into boxing. I was thinking that BBC might try and get highlights of Mayweather Hatton like they did for calzaghe kessler.

Comment

I really wished they showed more boxing here, I have to pretty much search through all the rubble thats on TV to watch some good boxnig. I wished NBC and ESPN would give boxing more airtime but then again I blame the promoters and all these alphabet commisions for the lack of tv exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by msagrain View Post
        Live boxing on the BBC

Frankie Gavin is the world amateur Lightweight boxing champion
        The BBC will show live action as England's highly successful amateur team takes on the USA in London on Friday 30 November.

British boxing is on a high and that has filtered down to amateur level with lightweight Frankie Gavin becoming Great Britain's first-ever world amateur boxing champion.

Gavin, who won the title in Chicago last month, will be in action at York Hall in Bethnal Green along with fellow qualifiers for the Beijing Olympics, Joe Murray and Bradley Saunders.

The action is live on BBCi and the BBC Sport website and highlights are on BBC One on Saturday.

On Saturday 8 December BBC Radio 5 Live and the BBC Sport website will have commentary on one of the most eagerly awaited bouts in boxing history as Ricky Hatton takes on Floyd Mayweather Jnr.
        Nice 1 I'm glad Bradley Saunders is on hes a top bloke I was out with him the other week.

Comment

looking forward to seeing Gavin, I want to see what a world amateur champ looks like, thats some high level skill. Never seen him fight.

Comment

BBC did broadcast amir khan fight once..

remember Michael EVANS (USA) vs Amir Khan (UK)

Comment

what time Gavin fight on BBC?

Comment

Working...
              X