No announcement yet.

Fight of the year ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight of the year ?

As iv mentioned on other thread, im a new fan to boxing and have been trying to watch as many older fights as i can lately, i was just looking at the fight of the year list, which was pointed out to me on another thread;
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_Ma...the_year#2000s

I was wondering what you guys would pick as the stand out fight for 2007? Sorry if this has been asked before.

Originally posted by chrismart83 View Post
    As iv mentioned on other thread, im a new fan to boxing and have been trying to watch as many older fights as i can lately, i was just looking at the fight of the year list, which was pointed out to me on another thread;
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_Ma...the_year#2000s

I was wondering what you guys would pick as the stand out fight for 2007? Sorry if this has been asked before.

so far for me i would say Cotto/Judah

Comment

Originally posted by lyrical View Post
      so far for me i would say Cotto/Judah
      Cotto vs Judah was far too one sided to be FOTY i would say Pavlik vs Taylor.

Comment

Pavlik vs. taylor was a great fight and a good candidate for Fight of the year.
        but we still have hatton vs. mayweather on the schedule

Comment

I thought that Cotto/Judah fight was better thats just IMO, it was at the garden with a huge crowd, Judah was landing bombs early on there was controversy, blood, sweat and determination shown by both fighters it had everything. Cotto would have to be a candidate for fighter of the year SO FAR.

Comment

katsidis vs earl

Comment

Cotto vs shane mosley
              Or Pavlik vs Taylor

Comment

forget pavlik taylor, no way is that a FOTY contender.

Comment

Originally posted by dansapien View Post
                  forget pavlik taylor, no way is that a FOTY contender.
                  Why isn't it ?? you say Graham vs Katsidis but that was basically a beat down except for the flash knockdown Graham manged to pull out i like fights more competitive and Pavlik vs Taylor was competitive it had great action and a surperb finish.

Comment

if you think that fight was a beatdown then you need to watch it again and actually pay attention to what happens.

The taylor fight was good, dramatic at points, but compared to some other fights this year it was nothing amazing,

Comment

Working...
                    X