No announcement yet.

Jonathan Thaxton: The best is yet to come

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonathan Thaxton: The best is yet to come

Jonathan Thaxton makes the first defence of his British Lightweight Title on the March 16 Hennessy Sports show insisting that the best chapter of his comeback story is still yet to come. [details]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Jonathan Thaxton makes the first defence of his British Lightweight Title on the March 16 Hennessy Sports show insisting that the best chapter of his comeback story is still yet to come. [details]
    i'd love to see how thaxton would do against Katsidis. that would be another war and i reckon he'd do a lot better than earl.

Comment

Originally posted by rooq View Post
      i'd love to see how thaxton would do against Katsidis. that would be another war and i reckon he'd do a lot better than earl.
      Thaxton can box, Earl can't.

Thaxton's last fight was memorable, I thought he was going to lose but he outclassed his opponent 10 fold.

Comment

Thaxton is just below world class imo. He would give most lightweights a tough fight, very frustrationg person to fight who has enough power to make you take notice. Khan will have to fight Thaxton soon and that will be a very hard fight for Amir.

Comment

Originally posted by The Monk View Post
          Thaxton is just below world class imo. He would give most lightweights a tough fight, very frustrationg person to fight who has enough power to make you take notice. Khan will have to fight Thaxton soon and that will be a very hard fight for Amir.
          yeah...khan-thaxton could very well happen after the summer. i expect khan to have at least 2 more fights first though. i'm sure there must be a step between thaxton and khan's last few opponents

Comment

Originally posted by rooq View Post
            yeah...khan-thaxton could very well happen after the summer. i expect khan to have at least 2 more fights first though. i'm sure there must be a step between thaxton and khan's last few opponents
            Yeah, Thaxton is on another level to those frenchmen Khan has beat. Khan needs to fight Meager or someone like Ricky Burns. That would be a good stepping stone to Thaxton. The fight with Thaxton will be a great fight, looking forward to it. (if it happens of courdse)

Comment

Working...
            X