No announcement yet.

David Haye Vs Tomasz Bonin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Haye Vs Tomasz Bonin

The hayemaker will be fighting at hw in April against former audley opponent bonin. this is supposed to be a one-off hw contest before moving back down to crusierweight for a mandatory against the bell-mormeck winner.

but if haye manages to put in an impressive performance against someone ranked in the top 15 by the WBC do you really think he'll move back down? i mean given o'neil bells' inactivity (not entirely his fault but still...) haye could be waiting a long long time to face him assuming he beats mormeck.

I havent seen this bonin guy but i know his only loss is to audley but it was close. i would expect haye to win by KO. i think haye might be better at heavy now and going back to cruiser will drain him.

Comment

I think haye will weigh in about 220lb for this fight and it wont be good for him losing so much weight to get down to cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by duffgun View Post
        I think haye will weigh in about 220lb for this fight and it wont be good for him losing so much weight to get down to cruiser
        the only reason for haye to move back to cruiser is if he is offered a world title fight. if that doesn't happen by around October, he might as well stay at hw.

Comment

Haye has said he wants to be cruiserweight champion so im pretty sure he'l drop back down after this fight, maybe to fight Macarinelli if the two camps can sort out the details unlike before. Theres no doubt in my mind haye will one day be a successful heavyweight, he's got to be one of the heaviest hitters p4p around at the moment.

Comment

Pointless fight if he is going to drop back down,he risks losing a title shot at cruiserweight if he gets beat.He should win but unless this was a high profile or big money domestic battle why move up to heavy for a one off fight.Bad career move,he wont get much credit for the win anyway as Bonin isnt that highly regarded.

Comment

Well, a win will see him gain a foothold in the WBC heavyweight rankings, and if by the minute chance he lost, that wouldn't really effect his standing in the cruiserweight division. I think this is a good move considering there's no-one currently around at cruiser to fight.

Comment

Working...
              X