No announcement yet.

danny green

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• danny green

Are any of the aussies out there bothering with this ppv? I considered it, but then took a look at the undercard and decided against it. Green should blow this guy out.

i see he won easy, this was from the smh site

Danny Green is a step closer to his dream of capturing a world boxing title after brushing aside Paul Murdoch in a second-round knockout.

In his first bout as a light heavyweight, the 'Green Machine' dominated from the outset, knocking Murdoch down in the first and second rounds of their fight at Melbourne's State Netball and Hockey Centre.

The referee then ended the bout 65 seconds into the second round.

Green thrilled a crowd of over 3,000 by displaying his trademark aggression from the moment the bout started against an opponent who looked overwhelmed by the occasion.

Green, 33, is now the Pan Asian Boxing Association champion and in a strong position to challenge for the WBA world title, currently held by Silvio Branco of Italy.

Branco will fight Croatia's Stipe Drews next month.

Although Murdoch was the title holder entering this bout, the night belonged to Green, who entered the arena to a rousing reception wearing his trademark bright green shorts.

Murdoch, a 33-year-old from Geelong, had successfully defended the PABA title 13 times before but was no match for his opponent.

Green's win will also ease the pain of last year's high-profile super middleweight defeat to Anthony Mundine.

The West Australian's win was the 23rd of his professional career (from 26 bouts) and his 21st by knockout.

Green's corner men wore t-shirts emblazoned with the name "Marshy" in tribute to boxing journalist David Marsh, who died last month.

Comment

my mate got it. paid 50 bucks too. i only saw the main event but apparently the undercard was rubbish. green looked good. very sharp and aggressive but the fight was stopped prematurely in my opinion. murdoch looked a right bum.

Comment

Originally posted by mgkirkpatrick View Post
        my mate got it. paid 50 bucks too. i only saw the main event but apparently the undercard was rubbish. green looked good. very sharp and aggressive but the fight was stopped prematurely in my opinion. murdoch looked a right bum.
        $50 bucks for an obviously lopsided contest? No thanks, not even with the added sweetner of a free Hatton v Urango which turned out to be a snoozefest from all reports. They will have to offer something better than that for me to hand over my hard earned.

Comment

yeah thats why i didnt get it.. but if someone else wants to fork over the coin im down for it. would have liked to see the tongia and wills fights

Comment

Working...
          X