Collapse
No announcement yet.

Craig Docherty

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

man that sucks i watched that fight you sent me barry was a good fight except for arthur just losing his gameplan completely
    i agree he has ego problems from the way he walked into the ring winking and smiling like it was taking candy from a baby.
    you think he would get to a valid point on the world stage before those thoughts entered his mind
    how was the fight barry, good atmosphere?

Comment

The atmosphere was excellent mate especially with Docherty's ring entrance, you can't really tell from watching on t.v. just how loud it really is but the whole place was buzzing, pity it didn't do any good though! Docherty just didn't do enough work and the cut was a bad one, he was quite lucky not to get stopped on that but the ******n guy just had a really awkward style & everytime Doc got on the inside Sinitsin grabbed hold but he deserved the win no doubt, probably by about 2 or 3 points.
      A fight between Docherty & Arthur is still attractive because of the styles, Arthur wouldn't be looking to mess about so that would still be a good fight to make if Arthur beats Odumasi next week which should be a good fight, Odumasi gave Scott Harrison one of his hardest fights before being stopped in the last round so it's a good test for him & we should see if his confidence is back (but not overconfidence!).

Comment

what kind of style does docherty have, is he a slugger, boxer, puncher?

Comment

Originally posted by garrett2408
          what kind of style does docherty have, is he a slugger, boxer, puncher?
          It's like he said himself, he's not great at anything but he's a good all rounder with a nice left hook to the body which he didn't throw much, i'd say he's more of a boxer than anything else but at times he does go for it, something he could have been doing with the other night, he does tend to cut quite easily as well, that two serious cuts in the past 3 fights now, one on each eye so he'll need to be extra careful from now on.

Comment

is he the guy that got mauled a while back by the french man while either defending his european campsionship or fighting for it?

Comment

Originally posted by garrett2408
              is he the guy that got mauled a while back by the french man while either defending his european campsionship or fighting for it?
              Nah that was his first European title try, I can't think of who you mean, maybe Willie Limond?, that was a European boxing union title fight and he still won though he was thrown about a bit.

Comment

no it was a while back on the bbc, the guy was undefeated but had fairy puff punches and got mauled by a french guy. i cannot remember who he was but he got beaten up badly, the french guy walked through every punch and landed body shots and headshots galore, he was a bloody mess when it was stopped.

Comment

i think it was noel wilders? against David Geuralt for Bantamweight EBU belt?

he had his face split open big time, plenty of elbows where thrown, but it was a beatdown and should have been stopped a lot earlier than the 7th.

Craig just didnt pressure enough imo. there were plenty of rounds hge could have made sure you know. Shame but he is a learning fightewr and Boris is underated like a lot of eastern block fighters, you know they are lower half of world class top ten fighters.

Thought the ring entrance was in short, ****ing ace, it had the hairs on my neck standing up and Im not even Scots!

Comment

That sounds as though it could be the fight Garrett's talking about, that was like a ufc match with all the elbows thrown by the French guy
                    I agree about Docherty, he stood off way too much and it wasn't as if the guy was a big puncher, maybe the big atmosphere got to him

Comment

could have done mate, either way Craig is a solid European level fighter at 25, he can come again I just think he lacks a bit of power to be honest. He is a trier but he just seems to not hold the "equalizer". Thats gonna be a problem at that level. If he had really hurt Sinitsin early then it would have been a different fight as it was Sinitsin controlled the tempo and did enough to nick it. Still rate that ring entrance as one of the best Ive seen in many a year, not razzmatazz, just pride, passion and a sense of heritage. Top notch.

Comment

Working...
                      X