No announcement yet.

Joe Louis vs. Max Baer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yogi View Post
    I'll plus one to that, as I have always had that same opinion.
    That's like his best pre-prime performance sort of like Cassius Clay against Archie Moore, or Mike Tyson against Marvis Frazier. His best performance IMO as the rematch against Buddy Baer. he weighed nearly 207 in that fight, so he was bigger, stronger, more powerful, and just as fast, since he was only 28 years old.

Comment

That's like his best pre-prime performance sort of like Cassius Clay against Archie Moore, or Mike Tyson against Marvis Frazier. His best performance IMO as the rematch against Buddy Baer. he weighed nearly 207 in that fight, so he was bigger, stronger, more powerful, and just as fast, since he was only 28 years old.
      Yeah you're right.

Comment

The rematch with Buddy Baer is right up there too, as far as great performances by Louis goes...Lots of people have the opinion that that was his best, and it may very well have been Louis at the absolute peak of his ability as a fighter. He was impressive as hell in that fight, but it was still an aggressive one-round destruction, which didn't/doesn't nearly show Louis' all-around or overall ability (both offensively & defensively) that he showed against Max...

It's a matter of preference, but these eyes have always been more impressed with the better 'all-around' performance of Louis'.

Comment

The rematch with Buddy Baer is right up there too, as far as great performances by Louis goes...Lots of people have the opinion that that was his best, and it may very well have been Louis at the absolute peak of his ability as a fighter. He was impressive as hell in that fight, but it was still an aggressive one-round destruction, which didn't/doesn't nearly show Louis' all-around or overall ability (both offensively & defensively) that he showed against Max...

It's a matter of preference, but these eyes have always been more impressed with the better 'all-around' performance of Louis'.
          Well then, Louis-Sharkey, Braddock-Louis, Louis-Baer I, Louis-Simon II, Louis-Carnera, Louis-Godoy II shows Louis' skills so they should be up there, too.

Comment

- -These eyes always been impressed with everything about Louis.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
              - -These eyes always been impressed with everything about Louis.
              what did you think when marciano massacred him?

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Taylor View Post
                what did you think when marciano massacred him?
                - -I was thinkin' how stoopid U are.

Comment

Originally posted by queensburyrules View Post
                  - -i was thinkin' how stoopid u are.

rent free 😆

Comment

Working...
                  X