tyson was probably the best that ever lived

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no where near in my opinion, sure he had the power and potential,
    but thats nothing without the mental, and we all know tyson is a
    weak minded individual, he continuously makes poor descisions...
    in order to be a warrior you have to be strong in mind and body
    he only ever had the body part of that...

Comment

I agree, skill-wise in his prime and considering the physical deficits like height that he had to overcome he was the most talented heavyweight ever. However, you cant really call him the greatest seeing as he hasnt really proven himself.

Comment

his performance against berbick is something ive never seen to date

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K7 View Post
          his performance against berbick is something ive never seen to date
          Are u just talking about Tyson?
          The first thing i thought of was Louis - Scmelling 2. Or Liston - Patterson.
          Or do u mean SINCE Tyson - Berbick there hasnt been a devastating heavyweight title change of hands?

Comment

The reason Tyson supposedly fired Rooney was that Rooney made comments about Tyson's personal life to the press pertaining his relationship with Robin Givens among other things. However, I think Don King and co. really pushed Tyson to fire Rooney and planted things in Tyson's head to effectuate it. Tyson had promised to let Rooney "train him for his entire professional career" and when Tyson fired him, Rooney brought suit in court to enforce this oral agreement. However since there was no written agreement the judge declared this agreement an "at will contract" that Tyson was allowed to end at any time he wanted and Rooney lost the suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Pazuzu View Post
              Are u just talking about Tyson?
              The first thing i thought of was Louis - Scmelling 2. Or Liston - Patterson.
              Or do u mean SINCE Tyson - Berbick there hasnt been a devastating heavyweight title change of hands?
              yeah tyson. i just loved his performance. very little bobbing and weaving combos that he didnt do since that fight,nice in close compact punches. he just went in and practically said"this is my title *****"ahaha.and took that **** like a 15 year old taking a lunch from a 5year old.

Comment

When he defeated Berbick, Tyson's just lucky that he was fighting a man who was fighting at his minimum capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by Yogi View Post
                  When he defeated Berbick, Tyson's just lucky that he was fighting a man who was fighting at his minimum capacity.
                  Nah Yogi, ANYONE would hav had a real tough time with Tyson that night, I dont care who they were

Comment

Originally posted by Yogi View Post
                    i dont care about that. what i care about is HIS performance. and berbick TRIED going toe to toe so he tried

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K7 View Post
                      i dont care about that.
                      Of course you don't care about that, because we all know that it's only Tyson's "excuses" that can be focused on when discussing fights that took place throughout his career.

Comment

Working...
                      X