No announcement yet.

George Foreman vs Jerry Quarry

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger
    Wasn't Quarry getting knocked about in the first fight a lot? Did he go down?
    I haven't seen either of the fights.
    No, he didn't go down; and Ali did come out looking to impress. However, it was the cut that stopped the fight, which was relatively competitive. The big question was Ali's stamina because it only lasted 3. Quarry never appeared hurt as he was in the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger
      Or Ali got worse...
      Ali said that after the layoff he really never gained his timing and stamina back until the second Jerry Quarry fight, where he felt like his old self again. You can tell too, he was so ****y in that fight (more than normal I think).

Comment

Originally posted by hemichromis
        you can see it in the first fight, foremans very tight a cautious untill he feels one frasiers hooks then foreman lets RIPP!!!!!
        Does anyone have this fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Boiled HK
          Does anyone have this fight?
          I've got both Foreman-Frazier fights as well as both Ali-Quarry fights....but they're on VHS. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG
            I've got both Foreman-Frazier fights as well as both Ali-Quarry fights....but they're on VHS. Sorry.
            Damn you K-Dogg, you had me excited for a bit until I read the VHS part.

Comment

Damn you K-Dogg, you had me excited for a bit until I read the VHS part.
              Tell ya what, I'm in the process of getting a DVD recorder so I can compile all of my fights on VHS to DVD....which should take a helluva long time. Once that's done, hopefully, I will have a home computer by then; and will then proceed to convert the data again....and I'll post a list of every fight I've got.

Mind you, this should take a helluva long time from now; but you get dibs on the first uploads. Cool?

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG
                Tell ya what, I'm in the process of getting a DVD recorder so I can compile all of my fights on VHS to DVD....which should take a helluva long time. Once that's done, hopefully, I will have a home computer by then; and will then proceed to convert the data again....and I'll post a list of every fight I've got.

Mind you, this should take a helluva long time from now; but you get dibs on the first uploads. Cool?
                Of course it's cool...can't wait. I've got 260 million dollars in the bank that I can give you (it's virtually everything I have).

Comment

I've got 260 million dollars in the bank that I can give you (it's virtually everything I have).
                  You got me excited for a minut there.. lol

And I got the Foreman Frazier fights on VHS too so I can't help you for free.

Comment

Foreman in about 2 or 3. Quarry cut easily and his punches wouldn't affect foreman.

Comment

Who would win if they fight? Why did George Foreman openly dodged Jerry Quarry? Did Foreman think he could not beat Quarry?
                      Don't you ever think? Why did Quarry duck Midget Wolgast?

In the years that George turned pro, Quarry was KOed by Chuvalo, Ali, Frazier, and Norton.

Comment

Working...
                      X