This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Regarding Wilder: Because Gil Clancey has something to say about George Foreman does not make a case for why Foreman, with a career fighting in what was perhaps the most robust heavyweight division ever, and being a top dog, should be compared to a flawed fighter, who may yet turn out to be a great fighter... But is hardly comprable.
    Except that it does, here on Earth where matters are grounded in reality.

We saw Wilder take starching from a monstrosity in Fury... a fight he sought after being soundly outboxed in their first outing.

Foreman broke down in the Ali fight and his career spiraled out of control.

He wanted no part of the much smaller, albeit more talented and braver, Quarry.

Lyle took him to the brink.

So, yes when we see that Wilder is a man who'll meet scratch, and Foreman is a mental midget it absolutely matters.

Comment

This is such a stupid comparison. People were shorter then than they were now. WHY? because of natural selection, not just in us, but in the animals we eat, aswell as advancement in nutrition.
      Just look at Hughie Fury and Tyson Fury, 6ft6 and 6ft9, their parents werent that tall.
      My dad was shorter than me and my brother. That is true for most people i know, they're taller than their dads were (there'll always be exceptions).

So we cant compare them to each other but we can compare them in relative terms eg judge their careers. Ali beating Foreman is far far a better/bigger accomplishment than Tyson Fury beating Wilder. Ali beating Sonny Liston was a bigger accomplishment than Fury beating klitschko.
      I mean, wlad's heart wasnt even in his mandatory fight with fury.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

You go on inuendos, and triangle type digressions Rusty. I say look at who Foreman fought, and look at the tape and make a list. Foreman can do: a,b,c, etc. Wilder Can do: a,b,c, etc.
        Yup. Already did that. And only makes matters worse for you.

I'm not sure why even needs to be said though:

Like I've said several times, on planet Earth, Wilder's lazy jab and power double-jab are both effective for splitting Foreman's open guard. And his over hand right hacks down.

Someone much shorter, far less powerful, and lighter used this to great effect. His name rhymes with Raleigh... used to hang out with Steve Urkel's dad (a closeted gay man who wore the most fabulous bowties)... was famous in later life for doing a on-point impression of a vibrator.

Can you guess who i'm talking about?

Foreman would meet the same fate against Wilder that Cuevas and Duran did against Hearns. They're kevlar jaws and own fearsome offense were inconsequential.

Comment

Originally posted by Inspired View Post
          This is such a stupid comparison. People were shorter then than they were now. WHY? because of natural selection, not just in us, but in the animals we eat, aswell as advancement in nutrition.
          Just look at Hughie Fury and Tyson Fury, 6ft6 and 6ft9, their parents werent that tall.
          My dad was shorter than me and my brother. That is true for most people i know, they're taller than their dads were (there'll always be exceptions).

So we cant compare them to each other but we can compare them in relative terms eg judge their careers. Ali beating Foreman is far far a better/bigger accomplishment than Tyson Fury beating Wilder. Ali beating Sonny Liston was a bigger accomplishment than Fury beating klitschko.
          I mean, wlad's heart wasnt even in his mandatory fight with fury.
          WTF!?!?!?!?

So the fact that Fury's bigger doesn't count for anything?

I'm guessing you're beaming in from the same planet Billeau is.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
            Except that it does, here on Earth where matters are grounded in reality.

We saw Wilder take starching from a monstrosity in Fury... a fight he sought after being soundly outboxed in their first outing.

Foreman broke down in the Ali fight and his career spiraled out of control.

He wanted no part of the much smaller, albeit more talented and braver, Quarry.

Lyle took him to the brink.

So, yes when we see that Wilder is a man who'll meet scratch, and Foreman is a mental midget it absolutely matters.
            - -Rusty bucket leaking out of every hole again...priceless!

Comment

I'll take your word for it. We all know you've had your lips on lots of " trumpets" over the years.

Do any of those men come visit you in the nursing home? You think they even remeber your name?
              - -Speak not of U fantasy lest it be U dysentery...

Comment

Yup. Already did that. And only makes matters worse for you.

I'm not sure why even needs to be said though:

Like I've said several times, on planet Earth, Wilder's lazy jab and power double-jab are both effective for splitting Foreman's open guard. And his over hand right hacks down.

Someone much shorter, far less powerful, and lighter used this to great effect. His name rhymes with Raleigh... used to hang out with Steve Urkel's dad (a closeted gay man who wore the most fabulous bowties)... was famous in later life for doing a on-point impression of a vibrator.

Can you guess who i'm talking about?

Foreman would meet the same fate against Wilder that Cuevas and Duran did against Hearns. They're kevlar jaws and own fearsome offense were inconsequential.
                - -U expert in closeted men now.

Wrong forum?

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                  - -Rusty bucket leaking out of every hole again...priceless!
                  What flavor jello were they serving tonight?

Comment

What flavor jello were they serving tonight?
                    - -When U hauled off to rendering yard

Comment

WTF!?!?!?!?

So the fact that Fury's bigger doesn't count for anything?

I'm guessing you're beaming in from the same planet Billeau is.
                      i dont know you, but obviously you must be a dumb guy to not understand the gist of my post.
                      you cannot compare humans from different time periods because we were that much diff. The ave height of men used to be 5ft6 at that time, now its 5ft9/10.

this topic, is a hypothetical scenario, eg if they were both the same age, who would win?
                      I'm saying its a stupid scenario since people were smaller in Ali's era. in relative terms, if Ali existed today he wouldnt be the ali of that time period, he would be a taller/stronger/faster guy..but then that means he wouldnt be the same person.

so let's say Ali was 6ft5
                      he would TWAT Fury and everyone else.
                      don't let a performance vs a non-interested/bored klitschko and donkey wilder fool you. Fury hasnt fought anyone else. Chisora, sure..but chisora back then was erratic and not mentally in the right frame of mind to win fights, he was losing a lot of fights. David Haye knocked chisora out clean. Fury couldnt do that.
                      i'm not going to start thinking Fury is any different to the level he's always been at. it just means wilder is ****ter than we thought he was.

Comment

Working...
                      X