No announcement yet.

How far would Ibeabuchi go ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
    Hey, folks, take it from Trombone, one of the biggest blowhards and know-it-alls to ever hit the forum. In plain language that makes him a registered, thoroughbred halfwit.
    I don't know the personal beef here, but I thought his post on here had valid, well thought points. I don't agree with all of them but they weren't way out there.

Comment

He would never beat Lewis or Vitali, but if he held on a couple of years he would probably do well because the worst HW era is the one between Lewis and Vitali's retirement, up to Wladimir's peak. We had title holders like Maskaev, Ruiz, Rahman, Ibragimov etc. so many low quality HW's that Ike should have had no problem with.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
        His best win was over Byrd - a former Middleweight Olympic Silver Medalist. Catching slippery Byrd was no small achievement, especially considering the disparity in experience. But Byrd improved from there. The life-altering beating Ike took makes it questionable that even without incarceration, if his career would have amounted to much more. Could he have repeated feat? It's not certain.

And no matter how high you may hold Tua, you shouldn't. Tua wasn't a champion and didn't hit as hard as Wilder. He still won that fight.

I don't rule out that Wilder's chin and grit are untested. 120+ years of Boxing history strongly suggest that a guy with Wilder's genetics is very likely to be chinny/collapse under pressure. It could be that a fighter like Ike has the physicality/size/offense to ambush Wilder, getting to Wilder before Wilder could get to him. But it could just as easily be that Ike does a smashing spot-on impression of Breazeale - flat-lining in the ring after rushing straight into Wilder's widow-maker right hand.

Fury is too big and mobile for Ibeabuchi. That's pretty obvious. He also showed he can fight on the inside. Saying something as nebulous as Ibeabuchi is "too good close" really doesn't mean anything. And I have no idea where you've drawn that conclusion from. You sayt some reall odd-ball stuff. I'd like to see you finally substantiate one of your claims. I know you won't. But it would be nice if you did. If you have footage to share, please provide it.
        Tyson never gave his all against Wilder. But he did put Beyonce on the backfoot when he HAD to fight offensively (mostly after being knocked down). And we've seen he can stop people. So while it's improbable that Ike could ever force a fire fight, it's pretty certain that Fury will do just fine mixing it up should it become necessary.

Fluffy doesn't have Tua's power or chin. But he's a better Boxer. He's not going to settle into a firefight like Tua. I'm not saying he beats Ike. But he's probably a slight favorite.

I agree about Joshua.
        I'll give a **** about resume when you can explain how it isn't triangle theory. Tua and Pov have nothing to do with Ike and Josh, and you damn well know it.

Fury's drastically overrated because this era is ssssslllllloooooooowwww HWs. Ike's just too fast, especially close. Fury's little pivot and short hook game is where Ike easily catches him. He can't keep Ike away, Ike just walks him down really.

Wilder, yeah, I kinda agree. I think Ike catches him first and if he doesn't put him down with outright power he'd put him down with output. Wilder could take him out at any time, I reckon Wilder could potentially anyone, but, in the end I like Ike for the W.

Thing about Ike is we'll never know. You give me a ton of **** all the time Is it really so crazy I see potential in Ibeabuchi he didn't even come close to fulfilling? I mean yeah, dude barely has a resume, but also, barely had a career, and he's clearly skilled. I think you're just slicing hairs on this one my man. Maybe he couldn't, I dunno, and maybe tomorrow I feel like Wilder just walks out and ices the bum, but for right now I think Ike's got a lot of potential he never showed the world.

Think about it like this, Joshua has a better resume and we both agree Ike would out posture him. Ike's really effin good at posture. Fury may have slipped some nice ones, and got up against Wilder, but, his resume doesn't prove **** to Ike's skills.

Not like I'd be flabbergasted if Fury danced him, but, I favor Ibeabuchi quite a bit.

Wilder's most dangerous because Wilder might end anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
          He would never beat Lewis or Vitali, but if he held on a couple of years he would probably do well because the worst HW era is the one between Lewis and Vitali's retirement, up to Wladimir's peak. We had title holders like Maskaev, Ruiz, Rahman, Ibragimov etc. so many low quality HW's that Ike should have had no problem with.
          Didn't Rahman kick Lewis's ass ?

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post

- - Most of whom you mentioned would whoop the heavies of Tubby Lar era, esp Lar weak sister title defenses.

Maybe Lar hisself who ducked the top heavies of the Fab4 70s.

Comment

Originally posted by Dariusz View Post
              That's actually a really good point.

The first thing to say is that earlier in his career, Lewis was much lighter and more explosive. But he was chinny. As he filled out he became more durable and composed.

Still, Vitali almost succeeded where Rahman and McCall had several years before. Remember, he was a last minute replacement when he fought Lewis. That's why he went for broke, trying to get Lewis out of there before he even had a chance to warm up. It almost worked. Vitali's chin also helped compensate for his being less than perfectly prepared. When it was clear that neither Vitali nor Lewis was going to score an early TKO it became a war of attrition. That's when the Ref intervened on Lewis' behalf.

A prime, focused and fit Ibeabuchi could theoretically do one better than Klitchko. And Klitchko himself had a real scare against Sanders.

I just feel that both those men were too sound defensively to allow Ike to get the better of them. Same with Wlad, once Steward got a hold of him.

I think you could say that Ike at his best was potentially better than Lewis and the Klitchkos at their worst. But I wouldn't bank on Ike's chances of meeting them on an off-night. Most likely Lewis keeps him at the end of his jab all night, and when he gets his confidence up, starts landing that dynamite right hand behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                I'll give a **** about resume when you can explain how it isn't triangle theory. Tua and Pov have nothing to do with Ike and Josh, and you damn well know it.

Fury's drastically overrated because this era is ssssslllllloooooooowwww HWs. Ike's just too fast, especially close. Fury's little pivot and short hook game is where Ike easily catches him. He can't keep Ike away, Ike just walks him down really.

Wilder, yeah, I kinda agree. I think Ike catches him first and if he doesn't put him down with outright power he'd put him down with output. Wilder could take him out at any time, I reckon Wilder could potentially anyone, but, in the end I like Ike for the W.

Thing about Ike is we'll never know. You give me a ton of **** all the time Is it really so crazy I see potential in Ibeabuchi he didn't even come close to fulfilling? I mean yeah, dude barely has a resume, but also, barely had a career, and he's clearly skilled. I think you're just slicing hairs on this one my man. Maybe he couldn't, I dunno, and maybe tomorrow I feel like Wilder just walks out and ices the bum, but for right now I think Ike's got a lot of potential he never showed the world.

Think about it like this, Joshua has a better resume and we both agree Ike would out posture him. Ike's really effin good at posture. Fury may have slipped some nice ones, and got up against Wilder, but, his resume doesn't prove **** to Ike's skills.

Not like I'd be flabbergasted if Fury danced him, but, I favor Ibeabuchi quite a bit.

Wilder's most dangerous because Wilder might end anyone.
                I guess a lot of it comes down to how responsible you feel Tua is for Ike's demise. I am with Queenie. Tua ruined Ike, and brought on the personal turmoil that landed Ike in prison. Not that Tua's personally responsible. But such was the consequence of that fight.

And Tua wasn't fast. Neither really was Byrd. Sure, compared to most everyone else at the time (and today, as you mentioned) Byrd was quick. But let's not pretend that was Pernell Whitaker in there with Ike making him look foolish. Byrd is as closer to Toney in size than he is Fury. And Fury IS faster and much craftier than Byrd.

Another reason fighters today may appear slower and less lethal as punchers is because drug testing is applied much more rigorously. That doesn't mean that fighters don't continue to cheat, but it's much harder to pull off. Let's not pretend we don't know where sooo much of Ike's sudden success came from. He'd be running on flats in today's ring, too. Still bigger and better than guys like Peter and Cunningham. Better chin than Joshua and more physical than Wilder. But very much deflated.

Really, even the guy who starched Byrd would look small, slow and weak against Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                  I don't know the personal beef here, but I thought his post on here had valid, well thought points. I don't agree with all of them but they weren't way out there.
                  The problem is he pukes wild fantasy like fact and chews out my boys for recognizing the difference. I am real protective over my boys. I don't let bullies come in and manhandle 'em, by buggery. My squad comes first. They're good boys, plumped with boxing knowledge, but well mannered. Ratty, I mean Rusty has limped back here on crutches a couple of times after I lectured him hard. That boy is slow. I swear Juggy was quicker, and the queen is a downright prodigy. But we gwang learn him his m & m's all right.

Comment

Originally posted by Dariusz View Post
                    No, he landed a good shot on a Lewis who was goofing around. An ass kicking happened in the rematch and Lewis was not at the receiving end of that one.

Lewis would be prepared against Ike. I could see him beating him in a variety of ways but he would probably just keep him at the end of his jab all night and tie him up inside and occasionally land that deadly right uppercut.

Like I said Ike was good but not nearly as good as Lewis, Vitali and peak Wlad. He is nothing special to Lewis, Lennox has seen it all and he has faced harder hitters than him(Ike's power was overrated btw).

Comment

he'd be around top 15 hw if around now.

Comment

Working...
                      X