No announcement yet.

How far would Ibeabuchi go ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How far would Ibeabuchi go ?

Would he have been a lineal HW champ ? ATG perhaps ? His fight against Tua was one of the best I've ever seen in HW.

Hard to say. He looked like the goods, a future champion, but his inner demons took him over.

Comment

- -It was David Tua who blasted them inner deomons you speak of into him.

After that bruising encounter, Ike tormented with incessant headaches in between falling in love with large appliances when not kidnapping small children or beating up strippers in Vegas.

Tua may have lost a political decision, but by the end scored a cosmic KO in life.

Comment

Roll Call: show your scorecards from Ibeabuchi-Tua.

I remember watching it, and thinking Tua won. It was one of the fights that got me into Boxing.

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
        - -It was David Tua who blasted them inner deomons you speak of into him.

After that bruising encounter, Ike tormented with incessant headaches in between falling in love with large appliances when not kidnapping small children or beating up strippers in Vegas.

Tua may have lost a political decision, but by the end scored a cosmic KO in life.
        This.

I think Ike had a promising future, but the Tua fight ruined him.

Inevitably he would have shared the ring w/ Tua again. And almost certainly he would have met Lewis (assuming he maintained his promising trajectory). I dunno how he wins those fights, and I am sure he fades significantly as consequence of those fights.

He might beat a guy like Sanders. He could even beat Wlad (the much lesser Sam Peter made things competitive). But that's assuming he didn't continue on a downward spiral.

There was a lot of potential there, but I doubt he was ever going to be more than his era's Norton. A guy who could theoretically beat anyone, but never secure himself as a long-reigning champion. Ultimately, the Tua fight took too much out of him. So whatever his potential, he was unlikely to realize it as he progressively took more damage.

Head-to-Head he's a daunting challenge for most Heavyweights.

Comment

One of the best unfulfilled talents, I don't think anyone will say much bad about Ike's abilities.

Today he'd be champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
            Today he'd be champ.
            LOL.

Oh yeah?

Please explain.

This oughta be good.
            Last edited by Rusty Tromboni; 11-09-2019, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
              LOL.

Oh yeah?

Please explain.

This oughta be good.
              He'd out posture Joshua.

He's too fast handed with too much output for Wilder.

He's too good close for Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                He'd out posture Joshua.

He's too fast handed with too much output for Wilder.

He's too good close for Tyson.
                His best win was over Byrd - a former Middleweight Olympic Silver Medalist. Catching slippery Byrd was no small achievement, especially considering the disparity in experience. But Byrd improved from there. The life-altering beating Ike took makes it questionable that even without incarceration, if his career would have amounted to much more. Could he have repeated feat? It's not certain.

And no matter how high you may hold Tua, you shouldn't. Tua wasn't a champion and didn't hit as hard as Wilder. He still won that fight.

I don't rule out that Wilder's chin and grit are untested. 120+ years of Boxing history strongly suggest that a guy with Wilder's genetics is very likely to be chinny/collapse under pressure. It could be that a fighter like Ike has the physicality/size/offense to ambush Wilder, getting to Wilder before Wilder could get to him. But it could just as easily be that Ike does a smashing spot-on impression of Breazeale - flat-lining in the ring after rushing straight into Wilder's widow-maker right hand.

Fury is too big and mobile for Ibeabuchi. That's pretty obvious. He also showed he can fight on the inside. Saying something as nebulous as Ibeabuchi is "too good close" really doesn't mean anything. And I have no idea where you've drawn that conclusion from. You sayt some reall odd-ball stuff. I'd like to see you finally substantiate one of your claims. I know you won't. But it would be nice if you did. If you have footage to share, please provide it.
                Tyson never gave his all against Wilder. But he did put Beyonce on the backfoot when he HAD to fight offensively (mostly after being knocked down). And we've seen he can stop people. So while it's improbable that Ike could ever force a fire fight, it's pretty certain that Fury will do just fine mixing it up should it become necessary.

Fluffy doesn't have Tua's power or chin. But he's a better Boxer. He's not going to settle into a firefight like Tua. I'm not saying he beats Ike. But he's probably a slight favorite.

I agree about Joshua.
                Last edited by Rusty Tromboni; 11-09-2019, 12:35 PM.

Comment

I think he'd have got to the top and been great for a while. I think his inner demons would have surfaced before too long though. A similar path to Liston and Tyson...

Comment

Hey, folks, take it from Trombone, one of the biggest blowhards and know-it-alls to ever hit the forum. In plain language that makes him a registered, thoroughbred halfwit.

Comment

Working...
                    X