Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LENNOX LEWIS..........

Comment

Chuck Wepner for one
      I know he fought and lost to a less then stellar Ali but people don't seem to realize just how much heart he had

look at his record he fought some guys that would have most boxers of the 60's and 70's shaking in there boots.....

skill wise-
      Larry Holmes
      people don't realize his accomplishments

I'll post a link later

Comment

http://www.boxrec.com/media/index.ph..._Gilroy:010247

Comment

Larry Holmes is underrated for sure.

Comment

Sean O'Grady. I am not saying he was one of the greats, but he deserved at little recognition. He completely owned Hilmer Kenty when he fought him for the lightweight title.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyMarcianofan00
              Chuck Wepner for one
              I know he fought and lost to a less then stellar Ali but people don't seem to realize just how much heart he had

look at his record he fought some guys that would have most boxers of the 60's and 70's shaking in there boots.....

skill wise-
              Larry Holmes
              people don't realize his accomplishments

I'll post a link later
              My trainer knocked down Wepner numerous times when he was prepping Wepner for the Ali fight. Wepner wasn't that good IMO. Wepner still comes to my gym a few times a year. Nice guy in person but everything he says to the public and books is just crap and lies.

Comment

i think is Azuma Nelson...

Comment

Originally posted by NJFighter91
                  My trainer knocked down Wepner numerous times when he was prepping Wepner for the Ali fight. Wepner wasn't that good IMO. Wepner still comes to my gym a few times a year. Nice guy in person but everything he says to the public and books is just crap and lies.
                  Like what kind of things does Wepner say are lies? I'm curious.

Comment

Azumah Nelson gets a vote from me. He was a very interesting case. He refined his game over time...first relying on his brute strength and physicality to beat his opponents. He developed his raw skills and became a very well rounded boxer...a masterful boxer. He fought everyone, anywhere, anytime.

This is a guy who gave Salvador Sanchez HELL with only 13 pro fights under his belt...none of which were against great competition. He traveled the world to fight the best...australia, puerto rico, england, spain, mexico...wherever. I believe him to be one of the three very best 130 pounders of all-time. An all-time great featherweight indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Boiled HK
                      Like what kind of things does Wepner say are lies? I'm curious.
                      Recently I think, ESPN interviewed him and they started talking about the Ali fight and rabbit punches during the fight. Wepner said he was used to the rabbit punches Ali was throwing because back in Bayonne the sparred with a big rabbit puncher (my trainer) so he was used to it in the fight. The thing is, my trainer got so pissed and offended because he never threw rabbit punches in a fight or sparring.

Wepner usually just says things to make himself not look as bad on tv and to the public.

He even apologized to my trainer about what he said on tv. He said he said it only to not look bad.

Comment

Working...
                      X