No announcement yet.

Duran Tactics to Attack Mayweather's Shell Defense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
    I remember Wilfred Benetiz, Sugar Ray Leonard and Kirkland Laing outboxing the **** out of Duran. So what does that mean?
    - -Means you're bbchump, not a champ.

Duran had more KOs when he moved to welter than sissyboy Floyd has wins.

Biggest prob Duran has is shucking Bayliss of his back.

Comment

I remember Wilfred Benetiz, Sugar Ray Leonard and Kirkland Laing outboxing the **** out of Duran. So what does that mean?
      That you don't mind wasting your time, or even pretending that you have time to waste. Considering how magnificent Duran was at his best. And how little you know Boxing. Don't you think you should be watching his fights where he, ya know, showed up to fight?
      I bet you know every line from the Godfather III, and rock out to Paul McCartney and Wings because the Beatles just ain't your thing.

Now onto mayweather:

Mayweather struggled w/ Castillo. Regardless of how you scored those fights, both times Mayweather was overwhelmed.

It's pretty hard to imagine him winning those fights in Duran's era. No Urkel Pants. No pillows for gloves. No PEDs and IV's. No Referee playing Sorority Mom to save Floyd when Castillo lets his hands wander, and does other naughty things.

There are 15 rounds, though. And there are judges who expect men to fight, not a h o m o to play power-bottom.

Again, it don't matter how you scored the fight. Castillo gave Floyd fits in the Gay(er) 90's, how does he do in the 70's?

And you KNOW Duran is going to do even better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
        Recently re-watched that great video of Duran sparring Nigel Benn in 1988. Duran made it all look easy.Roberto was truly born to fight. The two opponents Duran could never beat were the knife and fork.
        Nigel was getting annoyed that he couldn't do much against Duran.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          Nigel was getting annoyed that he couldn't do much against Duran.
          True. It seemed like everything was instinct with Roberto (plus he had a mean streak).
          Floyd was an instinctive fighter too, but he refused to take any chances on offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
            Do you shytt yourself in public just to get attention? that's exactly the kind of person you seem to be.

1) Duran had just ass-raped Leonard. He thought he was returning for a victory lap. The bigger moral victory of his life, and all the partying that followed, he had no expectation of entering a real fight.

2) the fight he did put up was pretty impressive. Sure, it wasn't Duran's best, and he burnt out. But the fight was fairly competitive. I'd love to see you explain how Floyd would've handled Duran's salvos as well as Leonard did.

3) Mayweather is NOT Ray Leonard. No one thinks he is... except maybe you. But I doubt even you are that stupid. You're just a lot like the many weirdos who surface here, willing to say anything to get attention.
            Still much sand in your vag over what Duran did to his fans that night I see.

Do you shytt yourself in public just to get attention? that's exactly the kind of person you seem to be.
            You bear the mark of a blockhead. Do as I say otherwise you must be this way! No one knows who you are, idiot.

Tell me what was your signature b1tch move supposed to do.

Duran had just ass-raped Leonard. He thought he was returning for a victory lap. The bigger moral victory of his life, and all the partying that followed, he had no expectation of entering a real fight.
            More excuse making. The specialty of a loser.

No expectation of a real fight. Now I'm certain you ARE stupid.

What you are afraid to say is Duran could be inconsistent. Since you love imaginary fighting who to say Duran wouldn't **** up his preparations.

2) the fight he did put up was pretty impressive. Sure, it wasn't Duran's best, and he burnt out. But the fight was fairly competitive. I'd love to see you explain how Floyd would've handled Duran's salvos as well as Leonard did.
            Doesn't have to.

Floyd is harder to hit and a master of frustrating opponents. Duran record shows he could be agitated into a No Mas.

3) Mayweather is NOT Ray Leonard. No one thinks he is... except maybe you. But I doubt even you are that stupid. You're just a lot like the many weirdos who surface here, willing to say anything to get attention.
            Tell me where was this stated.

I invite you to do so, broke azz tromboni

Comment

Duran was fighting out of his natural weight class when he took on Benitez and Laing, both fights being contested at 154 lbs.

Leonard rematch was a joke, SRL didn't come to fight and should of been reprimanded and DQ for his antics that day.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                Floyd vs Duran. Dream fight. Either fighter can get the better of it in 2 out of 3 matches.

Henry Armstrong
                Duran
                Pernell Whitaker

Fighters who could beat Floyd WITHOUT a size advantage.
                Aaron Pryor and JCC Sr. also beat Mayweather at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
                  Aaron Pryor and JCC Sr. also beat Mayweather at 140.
                  - -Yeah, but FloydBoy Whupped Gatti on cuts with sucker punches, so there!

Comment

That you don't mind wasting your time, or even pretending that you have time to waste. Considering how magnificent Duran was at his best. And how little you know Boxing. Don't you think you should be watching his fights where he, ya know, showed up to fight?
                    I bet you know every line from the Godfather III, and rock out to Paul McCartney and Wings because the Beatles just ain't your thing.

Now onto mayweather:

Mayweather struggled w/ Castillo. Regardless of how you scored those fights, both times Mayweather was overwhelmed.

It's pretty hard to imagine him winning those fights in Duran's era. No Urkel Pants. No pillows for gloves. No PEDs and IV's. No Referee playing Sorority Mom to save Floyd when Castillo lets his hands wander, and does other naughty things.

There are 15 rounds, though. And there are judges who expect men to fight, not a h o m o to play power-bottom.

Again, it don't matter how you scored the fight. Castillo gave Floyd fits in the Gay(er) 90's, how does he do in the 70's?

And you KNOW Duran is going to do even better than that.
                    So I guess Duran only showed up when his opponents stood in front of him?

To be honest Duran is a nightmare for Floyd, but Floyd's style is the exact type of style to trouble Duran as well. Duran was notoriously undisciplined, while Floyd was the most consistent boxer in history. On Duran's best night, he'd beat Floyd, but how many times are we getting that version?

Comment

Floyd was the most consistent boxer in history. On Duran's best night, he'd beat Floyd, but how many times are we getting that version?
                      - -You've confused the orchestration most consistent venue, hometown commish, officials, and drug tester with consistent boxing.

I'm undefeated in my backyard too.

I can point to many fights that had FloydBoy looking like a clueless oaf or worse. Take him out of MGM and he melts like a candy bar on a summer sidewalk.

Comment

Working...
                      X