No announcement yet.

New Q & A I did with Eder Jofre's son, Marcel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ecto55 View Post
    Awesome stuff ChrisJS...just seen your thread and I think what your doing (detailing the experiences directly from some of boxing's greats) is very commendable.

My question to Jofre's son would be about Jofre's "two" careers - i.e. his earlier career vs later comeback. Does his son know about any changes to his boxing style or other technical developments that Jofre had to make (whether due to age, relatively lesser fitness, efficiency etc), or even just comments he heard Jofre Snr make about any differences he felt or had later on?

Fascinating champion...and no worries if you can't get the response...what your doing is awesome stuff.

BTW..you don't have / have had any contact with Antonio Cervantes (Kid Pembele), do you?
    No connection with Pambele but I think a friend of mine may do. I’ll ask him tomorrow and let you know.

A big thing for Jofre was that he basically trained the same. I asked his son and he just said he was always very dedicated and really had no vices (apart from a sweet tooth) and took every opponent equally seriously. A big factor was at 126 he never had to fight to make weight whereas at 118 he struggled the moment he turned pro.

Comment

I just had this translated professionally and edited with English subtitles. 1986 documentary called Quebrando A Cara.

https://youtu.be/rt58volzm2c

Comment

Working...
      X