Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who had at least 20 pro fights in the most countries?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who had at least 20 pro fights in the most countries?

A bit like LefHook's Jimmy Wilde question.

So who do you think our man could be in this one?

Edit: Can this question be misunderstood? Just to make it clear: I'm talking about the boxer, who has the most countries on his record, where he fought at least 20 times as a pro.

And of course he didn't have at least 20 fights in every country he visited - but we're only counting the countries, where this was the case.
    Last edited by Bundana; 05-27-2019, 05:26 AM.

- -Not gonna bother counting, but Niko Valuev widely traveled as a rolling freak show and still beat that local fav.

Comment

Of ex world champions it is hall of famer Eddie Perkins fought in the most countries with between 25-30 different countries.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        Of ex world champions it is hall of famer Eddie Perkins fought in the most countries with between 25-30 different countries.

Perkins fought as a pro in more countries than any other boxer, champ or non-champ… but that's not what the question is about!

Comment

Originally posted by Bundana View Post
          A bit like LefHook's Jimmy Wilde question.

So who do you think our man could be in this one?

Edit: Can this question be misunderstood? Just to make it clear: I'm talking about the boxer, who has the most countries on his record - where he, in each of them, fought at least 20 times as a pro.
          - -Easy misinterpretation inherent in the English language. Makes me greatly appreciate the diplomacy required to translate all the different languages for business transactions and national negotiations.

In the earliest cultural contacts, a crude instinctual sign language had to suffice that too often ended in mutual blunt force trauma.

Roots of boxing tied to diplomacy?

Hmmm....

Comment

That is a pretty tough question if I'm reading it correctly

Comment

No clue, but curious who would qualify.

Can't imagine its a long list. Basically if you are fighting 20 times in each country its either old timey guys who fought often + moved around the globe ALOT or its more modern boxers who legit just moved to a new country.

Probably more likely to be Euro guys who have ease of travel benefits + close proximity to numerous countries.

Comment

Who was the overall fighter of the question? Did we get an answer?

Comment

Queensbree actually has a point about the precise nature of diplomatic language this time, for I still am not sure I perfectly understand the OP's question.

We want:

1 A boxer who boxed at least twenty times in any variety and mix of foreign countries?

2 A boxer who boxed out of his own country at least twenty times in the same foreign country?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    No clue, but curious who would qualify.

Can't imagine its a long list. Basically if you are fighting 20 times in each country its either old timey guys who fought often + moved around the globe ALOT or its more modern boxers who legit just moved to a new country.

Probably more likely to be Euro guys who have ease of travel benefits + close proximity to numerous countries.
                    Yep, you're almost there!

We're of course looking for a real globetrotter - someone who was willing to take any fight at any time anywhere in the world. Ready to take on the young up-and-comers, or the seasoned pros... didn't matter to him. As long as the promoters saw to it, that he never ran out of booze and women, he was happy.

As a boxer he visited 20 different countries - and had at least 20 fights in 5 of them.

Ok, almost too easy now, but it's time to put this question to sleep.
                    Last edited by Bundana; 06-03-2019, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X