No announcement yet.

Joe Louis Runs the Gauntlet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
    Or your nurse just didn't read the list in order. Any non-casual would notice the direction the gauntlet takes.
    Best to worst rapper? Most branches on their family tree? Who can identify the most things that start with the letter Q?

Because it's not in age, reach, weight, height, duration of champion, ability, wins, era, alphabetical or any other apparent order.
    Last edited by Granath; 03-29-2019, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Poll set up a little too halfwittedly.

Comment

- -I would point out the current 3 in the order of the nonsensical list already exceed 100% of the vote total before the remaining 7 are added in.

Seen plenty of dumb polls, but this prob takes the cake.

Comment

Originally posted by Granath View Post
          Best to worst rapper? Most branches on their family tree? Who can identify the most things that start with the letter Q?

Because it's not in age, reach, weight, height, duration of champion, ability, wins, era, alphabetical or any other apparent order.
          And i thought Queenie was the Casual!

open up youtube.
          search the names in the list.
          Sit back and be amazed.

Welcome to Boxing, son.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
            Poll set up a little too halfwittedly.
            Uh... the point is to make the opponent more challenging as the fighter advances through the gauntlet. You don't start with the toughest imaginable opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
              - -I would point out the current 3 in the order of the nonsensical list already exceed 100% of the vote total before the remaining 7 are added in.

Seen plenty of dumb polls, but this prob takes the cake.

Usyk is a very talented fighter. He's much more complete than Louis, and quicker. Louis was more impressive offensively, but he had his limitations. If people think the much less experienced Usyk can exploit them, so be it. Many others (the majority) don't see it that way, though.

have you ever actually watched a Boxing match, Queenie?

Comment

And i thought Queenie was the Casual!

open up youtube.
                search the names in the list.
                Sit back and be amazed.

Welcome to Boxing, son.
                Yeah, tell the guy who was around for Ali/Frazier 1 that he's a casual. Sure, that'll work.

If you want to explain why you think that list is in any particular order please do so. Otherwise piss off and try not being a jackass for once. You may just learn something.

Comment

Yeah, tell the guy who was around for Ali/Frazier 1 that he's a casual. Sure, that'll work.

If you want to explain why you think that list is in any particular order please do so. Otherwise piss off and try not being a jackass for once. You may just learn something.
                  I heard Queenie had a *****. I didn't know I'd meet him here. Funny what a couple of cigarettes will buy these days.

Comment

I heard Queenie had a *****. I didn't know I'd meet him here. Funny what a couple of cigarettes will buy these days.
                    A BJ from your wife without the dentures?

Funny that you can't or won't try to explain the order above. It just goes to show that it's not in any particular order. Thanks for playing!
                    Last edited by Granath; 03-30-2019, 12:07 PM.

Comment

A BJ from your wife without the dentures?

Funny that you can't or won't try to explain the order above. It just goes to show that it's not in any particular order. Thanks for playing!
                      He told us you were saucy and good with your mouth... I didn't know he meant in this way.

I dunno what needs explaining. Unless your a casual. the list starts with smaller, less talented fighters and moves towards bigger more talented fighters. Roy Jones, for example, was a former Mw (160 pounds) who competed eventually at Hw (he weighed in at 190 pounds). Roy was a Pollack, of sorts. He didn't win using technically mastery, but by defying the fundamentals of Boxing using his athleticism and reaction time.

On the other end of the list is tyson Fury. Fury is the largest Hw champion we've seen, and the best pure-boxer.

If you want to get to know Boxing go to YouTube and watch. I don't mind discussing fighters, but there's a lot of fighters here to talk about. And the individual breakdown would be better suited to separate threads.

Comment

Working...
                      X