Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salvador Sanchez...... How would he fare/fair today..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

--- Been in the IBHOF for ages now Tony. Better title and career record than SRLeonard.

Been sleeping with fishes?

Comment

He really did a job on Lil red!

Comment

Red at the time was considered unbeatable due to his crippling one punch KO power. Sanchez put on one of boxing best defensive counterpunching displays to break Red down and stop him.

Comment

He does not have a more impressive record than Leonard, you pure bred, registered halfwit, Houdidni.

Comment

Old left hook shows his ineptitude! Sanchez died a young man. Leonard completed his career in its entirety. Impossible to compare the two except to say that Sanchez had he lived would have probably built one heck of a resume.

Comment

--- Sal has the better title and career record. You could look it up, but sounds like given the usual ineptitude of boxing fans, that'd be mostly fruitless.

Comment

--- Anson Wainwright finally caught up to the great Danny Little Red Lopez for his mesmerizing BEST I FACED series.

No surprise Sal the star of Danny's fantastic career.

https://www.******.com/554332-best-i...tle-red-lopez/

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                  I'm an old dude, many of you guys know me. Sal is my number 1 ATG. As a high school student, when my uncles who made me box told me he died, I was devestated... I didn't believe it was possible that an iron chinned Mexican warrior could die in a car crash... I'm Jew..... I sat shiva... I wept...

How good was S Sanchez?
                  I think he would suffer greatly from the shortened rounds, and proliferation of PEDs. But I would only pick Lomachenko to be his obvious master. But Lomachenko is one of the absolute greatest fighters of all time, bar none.

I honestly think against Rigo it's a "pick 'em". Sal didn't like guys who didn't come to meet him. He also was too comfortable taking punches, and would be meeting someone who could match/exceed Little Red's ability to melt faces.

Other than that he cleans up shop even more convincingly than he did in his own era. Loma and Rigo are the only guys who would really make him look human.

The dude was insanely talented, and every performance was aesthetic masterpiece.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
                    I think he would suffer greatly from the shortened rounds, and proliferation of PEDs. But I would only pick Lomachenko to be his obvious master. But Lomachenko is one of the absolute greatest fighters of all time, bar none.

I honestly think against Rigo it's a "pick 'em". Sal didn't like guys who didn't come to meet him. He also was too comfortable taking punches, and would be meeting someone who could match/exceed Little Red's ability to melt faces.

Other than that he cleans up shop even more convincingly than he did in his own era. Loma and Rigo are the only guys who would really make him look human.

The dude was insanely talented, and every performance was aesthetic masterpiece.
                    Lima Vs Sanchez occupies my thoughts when I zone out on the train. Sal is my all time favorite fighter.

Comment

My uncles were expecting a Lopez to get hit, cut and dropped, but they were certain Lil Red was going to win by late stoppage. Sanchez was precise and crisp . Great fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X