No announcement yet.

Johnson vs Jeffries: "The great white hope, betrayer of his own race"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
    As "jealousy" and "envy" differ enough to have two different words, so do "scared" and "wary." I believe fighters are seldom scared of other fighters. I could be wrong about that. All fighters are human beings. It may be that every now and then even top pros are terrified of an opponent instead of just respectfully wary. It does not seem like a top pro would have much of a tendency to go that way, but every pro is human. The more mediocre the fighter, the more likely he is to be badly intimidatable by certain opponents, I suppose. By the time you reach championship level, that kind of terror is probably quite rare, or you would not be top level.

I believe top boxers do get filled with terror, but it is not the opponent doing this to them, but some kind of fixation or obsession that haunts them and makes them terrified of losing, but not so much of a particular man.

Either kind of terror might cause a man to duck.
    Do you have a drinking problem or something?
    I'm not judging dude.

Comment

Logic has that effect on some people. I guess you're one who cannot take abstract reasoning. You really could not see my points if the lives of your entire family depended on it. I've listened to halfwittedness, pal, so I am not surprised you do not understand me. Hell, I'd be worried if you did..

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
        Logic has that effect on some people. I guess you're one who cannot take abstract reasoning. You really could not see my points if the lives of your entire family depended on it. I've listened to halfwittedness, pal, so I am not surprised you do not understand me. Hell, I'd be worried if you did..
        Sure.
        Whatever kid.

Comment

Working...
        X