No announcement yet.

Lettuce put this into perspective

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lettuce put this into perspective

Browsing the Tyson vs Liston thread like I do and read that Tyson only fought "bums" so I thought, how would prime Mike Tyson do vs prime Liston opposition and how would Liston do vs prime Tyson's opposition?

So you have Liston vs the following:
    Trevor Berbick
    Bonecrusher Smith
    Tony Tucker
    Tyrell Biggs
    Larry Holmes
    Tony Tubbs
    Pinklon Thomas
    Michael Spinks
    Frank Bruno
    Carl Williams
    Buster Douglas
    Alex Stewart
    Razor Ruddock

And Tyson vs
    Wayne Bethea
    Albert Westphal
    Eddie Machen
    Zora Folley
    Howard King
    Cleveland Williams
    Floyd Patterson

Obviously, Liston would struggle a hell of a lot more vs Tyson's opposition than Tyson would vs Liston opposition. It's not even close, actually. Tyson stops many of the above named in 1 round.

Tyson lost to everyone who stood up to him. I'll fight anybody. Therefore, once Tyson saw that I wasn't scared, he would wilt mentally and I would win by KO.

I'm sure many here would agree, because of course, all you had to do to beat Tyson was fight back. If you weren't scared of him, you too, would beat prime Iron Mike Tyson in a boxing match.

Comment

Eddie Machen is about the only guy that last more than 9-10 rounds vs Mike.
      Zora Foley last 3-4, Cleveland Williams would have a decent punchers chance for maybe 6 minutes.
      Now Charles Liston probably goes 8-5 against the above competition. Holmes beats him the easiest, even the Larry the fought Rocky Pepeli hammers Sonny. Michael Spinks wins rather easily and so does Tony Tucker.
      Now in my opinion for what it’s worth I feel Frank Bruno & Donovan Ruddock win too. Bruno has power in both hands and very Durable, & Razor lands the left hook to the head and body all night.
      It’s even possible that Pinklon Thomas could beat Sonny but that could be a stretch.
      And the only reason I say that is I was at the Wladamir Klitchko - Ray Mercer fight years ago and the always Game Chuck Wepner said that Liston hit like nobody he’d ever been in the ring with. Just my view.
      And that’s that

Comment

Mike Spinks and Tony Tucker are not beating Sonny Liston. Crazy talk. Spinks was never a good hwt just lucky to face a old Holmes. Tucker was the typical watered down hwt from that period. Not very good at any one attribute.

Prime Holmes has a chance to beat Liston. However Liston had that KO right hand while Holmes dropped his jab every time he threw it. Sonny has a 50/50 chance of winning this fight by KO.

Comment

--- Spinks whooped the Rocky wannabe.

Tucker was 6-5 and 220s with fast feet, educated jab, reflexes and KO power. He'd mop up the larded Lar era like nobody's business, but alas, ducked by LL and cursed with being in the Tyson era.

Comment

Learn to read fat boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mowglie View Post
              Tyson lost to everyone who stood up to him. I'll fight anybody. Therefore, once Tyson saw that I wasn't scared, he would wilt mentally and I would win by KO.

I'm sure many here would agree, because of course, all you had to do to beat Tyson was fight back. If you weren't scared of him, you too, would beat prime Iron Mike Tyson in a boxing match.
              He would automatically fall down and curl up in the fetal position when confronted with someone unafraid of him.

Comment

Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
                Mike Spinks and Tony Tucker are not beating Sonny Liston. Crazy talk. Spinks was never a good hwt just lucky to face a old Holmes. Tucker was the typical watered down hwt from that period. Not very good at any one attribute.

Prime Holmes has a chance to beat Liston. However Liston had that KO right hand while Holmes dropped his jab every time he threw it. Sonny has a 50/50 chance of winning this fight by KO.
                Spinks on his A game I feel, could give Liston trouble. Sure, I'd make Liston the favorite, but Spinks herky jerky movement could spell trouble for Liston.

Tucker at his best was a tall, rangy, iron chinned 220ish pound heavy with very good boxing skills. I think he'd be a troublesome opponent for Liston

Comment

--- only legit analysis is by timeline and mike mops the floor with 99.9999% of any heavy ever created.

Once he lost his greatest ever HOF team to go psycho and require strong, experimental controversial meds he becomes more beatable.

Comment

Liston punched too hard for Mike as did Tyson.

Tucker was Mr Predictable. Did nothing exceptionally well. Liston at his best wrecks him.

Comment

Working...
                    X