Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some of The Worst Stoppages In Boxing History?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
    Perhaps most of us are.
    Don’t we all surrender to temptations, whether it’s unhealthy food, maybe smoking and drinking or whatever.
    Exactly, I see a nice massage parlor when I travel on vacation and I just cant help but indulge in a happy ending, or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
      Perhaps most of us are.
      Don’t we all surrender to temptations, whether it’s unhealthy food, maybe smoking and drinking or whatever.

Frankly, if I loved to fight, I guess I would stick to it even if my health was at severe danger, because it’s the thing that gives my life meaning.

Read about this doctor who treats cancer patients. He said he and his wife (in the same occupation) visit the Canary Islands a couple of times every year to sunbathe – though they are very aware of the risk they take, as they both are fair-skinned.

He also told it isn’t unusual that after he has done lung surgery on a smoker, the patient when waking up, wants to be transported to the smoking room.

He makes no moral values or condemn anyone. He only notes, that’s how we humans function.
      Well, we can judge Angelo Dundee all day.
      But, at the end of the day, ALI made that decision to fight two more times after the Spinks win .
      Dr Pacheco kept telling him he's slower and older .
      Told him to retire after the Thrilla in Manila.
      Did not retire after the Norton beating.
      Hell, did not retire after the Holmes beating .

Comment

Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
        Well, we can judge Angelo Dundee all day.
        But, at the end of the day, ALI made that decision to fight two more times after the Spinks win .
        Dr Pacheco kept telling him he's slower and older .
        Told him to retire after the Thrilla in Manila.
        Did not retire after the Norton beating.
        Hell, did not retire after the Holmes beating .
        Exactly. Very rarely does a trainer actually quit because a fighter refuses to retire.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
          Exactly. Very rarely does a trainer actually quit because a fighter refuses to retire.
          Pacheco wasn't a trainer he was an MD who gave himself airs as supposedly being Ali's personal doctor. He actually never was (mostly serving as Anglo Dundee's assistant). He started out in the fight game as a cut man for the Dundee brothers down here in Miami and later worked as a sports writer, and eventually an author of several books on prize fighting.

In the fight game he was always more fluff than substance.

Comment

Originally posted by Dempsey-Louis View Post
            Pacheco wasn't a trainer he was an MD who gave himself airs as supposedly being Ali's personal doctor. He actually never was (mostly serving as Anglo Dundee's assistant). He started out in the fight game as a cut man for the Dundee brothers down here in Miami and later worked as a sports writer, and eventually an author of several books on prize fighting.

In the fight game he was always more fluff than substance.
            He was always fun to listen to on Showtime ages ago, with drunk Bobby.

Comment

Dr Pacheco was the one who used to inject ALi's hands with pain killers . He openly admitted to it .
              He was a longtime partner of Marv Albert in SportsWorld , of course .
              He had a few very controversial calls . Kept on imploring the ref to stop the fight of the Chacon-Edwards II fight.
              Edwards was beating Chacon. Lo and behold, Bobby has a late rally and drops Edwards and wins a decision. And that was the fight of the year .
              Pacheco also called Gerald McLelan a quitter in his fight with Benn. He said he just quit. He did not even notice that GM kept blinking . Next thing you know, he was carried out of the ring.

Comment

Pacheco also called Gerald McLelan a quitter in his fight with Benn. He said he just quit. He did not even notice that GM kept blinking . Next thing you know, he was carried out of the ring.
                Pacheco also never smelled the cognac on Bobby's breath during the Showtime cards.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                  Pacheco also never smelled the cognac on Bobby's breath during the Showtime cards.
                  He was busy drinking Jack.
                  Howard Cossell was drunk in most of those Monday Night Football games.
                  Larry Merchant was also allowed to drink during broadcast.
                  He had the wasted look every time he went up the ring to do post fight interviews.

Comment

Calzaghe vs Manfredo.

Comment

He was busy drinking Jack.
                      Howard Cossell was drunk in most of those Monday Night Football games.
                      Larry Merchant was also allowed to drink during broadcast.
                      He had the wasted look every time he went up the ring to do post fight interviews.
                      I think thats part of the reason they wanted to get rid of Merchant.

Comment

Working...
                      X