No announcement yet.

Why Mike Tyson Beats a Prime George Foreman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
    True. Both punchers but the similarity ends there. One an ATG hwt champion. The other a contender who lacked the attributes of all time greatness.
    I agree with this.

Comment

I made some gifs to illustrate how the pushing is crucial in this matchup:

Especially in the second gif you can see how much this troubled Tyson, as even a bum like McNeeley(Sorry Peter, no disrespect) was putting Mike's physically weak arse on his back legs, threw him off totally and managed to land sledgehammer after sledgehammer. Unfortunately for Peter, his sledgehammers at the highest level of the sport are closer to mosquito bites.

Anyway, imagine young George Foreman doing this to him instead. It would be a man handle.

But I have to keep it fair to Tyson, this is not boxing. It is illegal in the offical rules of the sport in both era's.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
        I made some gifs to illustrate how the pushing is crucial in this matchup:

Especially in the second gif you can see how much this troubled Tyson, as even a bum like McNeeley(Sorry Peter, no disrespect) was putting Mike's physically weak arse on his back legs, threw him off totally and managed to land sledgehammer after sledgehammer. Unfortunately for Peter, his sledgehammers at the highest level of the sport are closer to mosquito bites.

Anyway, imagine young George Foreman doing this to him instead. It would be a man handle.

But I have to keep it fair to Tyson, this is not boxing. It is illegal in the offical rules of the sport in both era's.
        Tyson was also off for a few years. It was a bit different than prison fights.

Comment

Foreman liked to pose an opponent with both mitts on their shoulders, like a photographer placing a subject in the field of his lens. George did not hold and hit much, but he placed and hit an awful lot against crowders. If a referee denied Foreman this illegal tool it would be a much closer fight against Tyson. Mike has his own dirty tricks. One of them is to follow through on missed hooks trying to land a piece of elbow that might look inadvertent. However they fight, I would favor Foreman with my back against the wall.

Comment

IMO, a prime George Foreman convincingly KOs every HW who is under six (6) feet tall; for example, Frazier, Marciano, and Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              Tyson was also off for a few years. It was a bit different than prison fights.
              I don't think it was significant against an opponent of that level.

I think Tyson was missing every single hook he threw there because he was being pushed backwards by a guy who kept closing distance on him. Two situations he was never put in, he was confused and thrown off by that range and having to reset over and over.

If it's Foreman, he's gonna be sticking that left sledgehammer jab snapping Tyson's head back during it, and I don't need to explain how much stronger and better he is than The Hurricane.

Comment

I don't think it was significant against an opponent of that level.

I think Tyson was missing every single hook he threw there because he was being pushed backwards by a guy who kept closing distance on him. Two situations he was never put in, he was confused and thrown off by that range and having to reset over and over.

If it's Foreman, he's gonna be sticking that left sledgehammer jab snapping Tyson's head back during it, and I don't need to explain how much stronger and better he is than The Hurricane.
                He probably didnt expect Mcneeley would go after him like a madman

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                  He probably didnt expect Mcneeley would go after him like a madman
                  And it's worth noting that prior to prison, big men like Bruno and Smith were unable to back Tyson up.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle ben View Post
                    And it's worth noting that prior to prison, big men like Bruno and Smith were unable to back Tyson up.
                    They could have but were too scared or figured its illegal. Which it is btw.

Berbick pushed and man handled Tyson too but he did not throw punches during it, so he got clipped while pushing Mike around.

Comment

They could have but were too scared or figured its illegal. Which it is btw.

Berbick pushed and man handled Tyson too but he did not throw punches during it, so he got clipped while pushing Mike around.
                      Bruno was crapping his pants in the rematch, it was tough to watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X