What are some good Boxing Biographies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Hoskins

Comment

King of the World by David Remnick is a really good Muhammad Ali book and Iron Mike by Daniel O'Connor is pretty good too.

Comment

One of the problems I find is that the boxing section is always much smaller than the basketball, baseball sections of the bookstore. Books tend to go out of print fast or just become hard to find.

I had to order Joe Louis-The Great Black Hope by Richard Bak from Amazon.com. I've never seen the book in the store and I'm glad I got it. That's one of the best boxing biographies that I've read yet. It describes the fights in detail and goes into a lot of detail about his life and his sad later years.
        Another biography that had the perfect balance of fight descriptions and personal details was Russel Sullivan's Rocky Marciano: The Rock Of His Times. Others include A Flame of Pure Fire, the Jack Dempsey biography by Roger Kahn, Unforgivable Blackness, the Jack Johnson biography by Geoffrey C. Ward, and a really good biography of Archie Moore by Mike Fitzgerald.

Comment

I've just got Muhammad Ali: his life and times and Muhammad Ali:king of the world.

They both look great reads and i cant wait to get stuck in.

Comment

Benn's, Eubank's and Watson's autobiographies are world-class.

Comment

I recommend the mike tyson biography by jose torres, the joe frazier biography, the mills lane biography, muhammed ali biography forgot which one some are good some stray too much from boxing, the sugar ray leonard biograpy, joe louis biography, julio cesar chavez biography, theirs also a really good read about boxing trainers i think the title is called boxing trainers good book. Also i recomment reading bert sugars older book i think it was called boxing best 100 fighters ever or somthing similar good information.,

And i aggree, go to the library and read one book after another, that what i used to do. I remember i reading so many damn, ali books that i got burned out just hearing his name, but i don't regreat reading any boxing books, of course theirs also few books that i didn't finish reading. But normally all boxing books have some informative infromation.

Comment

muhammed ali - soul of a butterfly

its bout his philsophy

Comment

Working...
                X