• Show
Clear All

• Eder Jofre vs. Jose Legra full fight

https://youtu.be/JjZ9WSLOmH0

Wow can't believe I found this.

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    https://youtu.be/JjZ9WSLOmH0

Wow can't believe I found this.
    Appears that someone uploaded in 2011 and then again in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      Appears that someone uploaded in 2011 and then again in 2017.
      I'd never came across it until today. The only full fights I'd ever found were Medel I and the Harada fights.

Comment

It was a good fight. Legra had a very awkward style. Tall, rangy and excellent speed and movement. Jofre fought really well. He was technical, aggressive but always defensively responsible. I scored it 9-6 in rounds for Jofre or 143-139 in points (Legra lost two points for deductions, got one for the KD). A scorecard of 8-7 Jofre is acceptable but it's hard to see Legra winning the fight especially given the points lost.

It's close all the way. First two are very even and then Legra wins the 3rd with the KD. Jofre, to his credit actually hurts Legra in the next round which is a great round. It's then literally swapping rounds until the 9th. Legra's not a great infighter so Jofre won the action there and with the cleaner shots, but Legra wins some frames with his busy style. Jofre won the majority of the rounds from 9-13 IMO but it's competitive all the way. Round 14 has great drama. Legra hits him with a great body shot and had no idea he'd hurt Jofre but Jofre couldn't hide the pain and really has to tough it out. Again to his credit he really comes back and probably did enough to edge the last round too.

Very good fight. Legra does tend to clinch a little bit and try and smoother Jofre's work at times but definitely showed some real quality. I think that version of Legra would have been a real handful for some of the greats in the division like Sanchez, Marquez, Barrera etc;

Comment

The Pocket Ali was not a bad fighter at all, he just didn't had the same qualities on the offensive side of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
            The Pocket Ali was not a bad fighter at all, he just didn't had the same qualities on the offensive side of boxing.
            Yeah, he was excellent. Eder just simply had too much at mid range and inside with him. I thought of Legra and how he'd have been hell for Sanchez on the basis of the difficulty Sal had with Pat Ford who himself was tall, awkward, fast but struggled at close quarters.

Comment

I recently found this too. Watched it today and this is what I wrote:

Here is a bout I only recently discovered was out there. The 1973 featherweight title bout between Jose Legra and Eder Jofre. It had good moments early and eventually got a bit sloppy, but still a decent fight. Just a headsup, there is about a 10 second delay between audio and video. You'll hear the Brazilian audience screaming at everything Jofre throws. Anyways, here we go, 10 point system in effect.

Round 1: 10-9 Legra
              Round 2: 10-9 Legra
              Round 3: 10-8 Legra (Legra scores a knockdown)
              Round 4: 10-9 Jofre
              Round 5: 9-9 Even (I felt Legra won the round but he lost a point for holding)
              Round 6: 10-9 Jofre
              Round 7: 10-9 Legra
              Round 8: 10-10 Even
              Round 9: 10-10 Even
              Round 10: 10-9 Legra
              Round 11: 10-9 Jofre
              Round 12: 10-9 Jofre
              Round 13: 10-9 Jofre
              Round 14: 10-9 Legra
              Round 15: 10-8 Jofre (another point deducted from Legra for again what appeared to be holding)

Total: 142-142 Draw

A lot of these rounds were close guys, so a lot of you can have different scores, but this was the way I saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by scartissue View Post
                I recently found this too. Watched it today and this is what I wrote:

Here is a bout I only recently discovered was out there. The 1973 featherweight title bout between Jose Legra and Eder Jofre. It had good moments early and eventually got a bit sloppy, but still a decent fight. Just a headsup, there is about a 10 second delay between audio and video. You'll hear the Brazilian audience screaming at everything Jofre throws. Anyways, here we go, 10 point system in effect.

Round 1: 10-9 Legra
                Round 2: 10-9 Legra
                Round 3: 10-8 Legra (Legra scores a knockdown)
                Round 4: 10-9 Jofre
                Round 5: 9-9 Even (I felt Legra won the round but he lost a point for holding)
                Round 6: 10-9 Jofre
                Round 7: 10-9 Legra
                Round 8: 10-10 Even
                Round 9: 10-10 Even
                Round 10: 10-9 Legra
                Round 11: 10-9 Jofre
                Round 12: 10-9 Jofre
                Round 13: 10-9 Jofre
                Round 14: 10-9 Legra
                Round 15: 10-8 Jofre (another point deducted from Legra for again what appeared to be holding)

Total: 142-142 Draw

A lot of these rounds were close guys, so a lot of you can have different scores, but this was the way I saw it.
                I personally felt Jofre edged the first couple but could see 1-1. I'll provide my scorecard after I watch again tomorrow. I felt it was like swapping rounds the whole fight but the the exception of round 14 (when Jofre was hurt) I felt Jofre dominated after round 10 and that's when he created some space on the cards.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                  I personally felt Jofre edged the first couple but could see 1-1. I'll provide my scorecard after I watch again tomorrow. I felt it was like swapping rounds the whole fight but the the exception of round 14 (when Jofre was hurt) I felt Jofre dominated after round 10 and that's when he created some space on the cards.
                  From your description and my point total I don't think you and I will be too far off, Chris.

Comment

My scorecard

Round 1 Jofre 10-9
                    Round 2 Legra 10-9
                    Round 3 Legra 10-8
                    Round 4 Jofre 10-9
                    Round 5 Jofre 10-8 (point deducted)
                    Round 6 Jofre 10-9
                    Round 7 Legra 10-9
                    Round 8 Jofre 10-9
                    Round 9 Legra 10-9
                    Round 10 Legra 10-9
                    Round 11 Jofre 10-9
                    Round 12 Jofre 10-9
                    Round 13 Jofre 10-9
                    Round 14 Legra 10-9
                    Round 15 Jofre 10-8 (point deducted)

9-6 or 143-139 in points. A lot of close rounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X