• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_IjP...oya%20trinidad

That is round 10 of DLH-Trinidad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh7V0...oya%20trinidad

That is round 9.

Does anyone here watch them, and tell me that Tito won them both? Oscar schooled tito. The more I watch it, the wider the margin gets. Hell, it may well have been 9-3 for Oscar.

Comment

Originally posted by joenypr
      I watch the fight every now and again (i have it on DVD). I am a big Trinidad fan, but im also a big boxing fan. The first time I saw the fight, I too thought De-la hoya won. Having said that, everytime i watch the fight, and I try to not be biased, I have it at a draw. Would De-la hoya have won if he kept fighting, yes. But he didnt. What I dont understand is how one of the judges gave De-la hoya the final round. He didnt even throw a punch! That, and the fact that De-la hoya chose not to fight the championship rounds convinces me that the fight was rigged.
      The judge that gave Oscar the last round, was trying to even out his score, that was clearly bull****. If he gave it to Tito, his score would have been the laughing stock of boxing history. Was he paid off? I think so.

Comment

I had it a draw, thats what it should of been. It was classified as one of the biggest fights ever and it was a crap fight. DLH didn't really show guts the last 3 rounds and gave away those rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin'
          I had it a draw, thats what it should of been. It was classified as one of the biggest fights ever and it was a crap fight. DLH didn't really show guts the last 3 rounds and gave away those rounds.
          Wrong. He gave away the last two rounds. Watch round 10 where I posted it, I feel he probably won it.

It can't be called a draw just because Oscar ran the last two rounds. He won almost all of the other 10!!

Comment

Originally posted by hellfire508
            Wrong. He gave away the last two rounds. Watch round 10 where I posted it, I feel he probably won it.

It can't be called a draw just because Oscar ran the last two rounds. He won almost all of the other 10!!
            Tito won 4,5,10,11,12, 9 could have gone either way....

DLH did not fight like a champ, even when the crowd was booing him, he kept running, and then like an ass, would try to steal a round in the last 10 seconds by throwing a couple punches.

As Emmanuel Steward stated, "Something happened in the course of that fight which changed DLH's mentality, almost as if he was scared, and a Champion of his caliber should never behave that way"

DLH deserved a Draw.....He NEVER accepted a rematch which was offered to him 6 times over a 2 year period....why did he never accept???

Comment

Originally posted by machotime
              Tito won 4,5,10,11,12, 9 could have gone either way....

DLH did not fight like a champ, even when the crowd was booing him, he kept running, and then like an ass, would try to steal a round in the last 10 seconds by throwing a couple punches.

As Emmanuel Steward stated, "Something happened in the course of that fight which changed DLH's mentality, almost as if he was scared, and a Champion of his caliber should never behave that way"

DLH deserved a Draw.....He NEVER accepted a rematch which was offered to him 6 times over a 2 year period....why did he never accept???
              Oh please. Tito did not win that many rounds. Oscar schooled him, and you know it. Your bias blinds you. Watch the fight without Tito's balls in your mouth.

Tito has a case for round 9 and 10, but anyone who knows how to score a fight knows Oscar won them both. I have posted them above on this page. WATCH THEM!!!! What the **** did Tito do to win those rounds? Nothing! Oscar landed combos, controlled the ring, and looked excellent. Tito plodded around the ring. People say, "no he was the aggressor". SO WHAT! Scoring is aggression is based on "EFFECTIVE AGGRESSION". It was not effective at all!!!!

Tell me mate, how did Tito win round 4? Tell me step by step what happened in that round? Oscar landed more shots, landed harder shots, and controlled the ring.

How about round 5? Oscar again outlanded Tito, and lander much harder shots. Tito landed one hard straight right, and that was it really. Oscar opened fast, closed fast, and his fleet-footed style was effective defense.

I tell you what, I am going to watch the fight again, and I will do a punch by punch analysis. Let's see who the winner really was.

Comment

Originally posted by hellfire508
                Oh please. Tito did not win that many rounds. Oscar schooled him, and you know it. Your bias blinds you. Watch the fight without Tito's balls in your mouth.

Tito has a case for round 9 and 10, but anyone who knows how to score a fight knows Oscar won them both. I have posted them above on this page. WATCH THEM!!!! What the **** did Tito do to win those rounds? Nothing! Oscar landed combos, controlled the ring, and looked excellent. Tito plodded around the ring. People say, "no he was the aggressor". SO WHAT! Scoring is aggression is based on "EFFECTIVE AGGRESSION". It was not effective at all!!!!

Tell me mate, how did Tito win round 4? Tell me step by step what happened in that round? Oscar landed more shots, landed harder shots, and controlled the ring.

How about round 5? Oscar again outlanded Tito, and lander much harder shots. Tito landed one hard straight right, and that was it really. Oscar opened fast, closed fast, and his fleet-footed style was effective defense.

I tell you what, I am going to watch the fight again, and I will do a punch by punch analysis. Let's see who the winner really was.
                I'll watch the fight again as well tonight for the 20th time!

I'm glad DLH was booed, he performed like a puss.

Question for you, Why did DLH turn down 6 rematch offers over a 2 year period?

And don't let me bring up DLH/WHitaker, or DLH/Sturm
                Last edited by machotime; 06-15-2006, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by machotime
                  I'll watch the fight again as well tonight for the 20th time!

I'm glad DLH was booed, he performed like a puss.

Question for you, Why did DLH turn down 6 rematch offers over a 2 year period?

And don't let me bring up DLH/WHitaker, or DLH/Sturm

Yeah I'm about to go to bed, so I'll watch it tomorrow.

Yes, he did deserve to get booed in the last TWO rounds. However, he was simply following the instructions of his corner (which were bad ones).

6 rematch offers? Wow, never heard that. I don't know why he turned them all down. But I know one thing for sure: Oscar beat Trinidad, he knows it, and Tito knows it. Oscar never ducked anyone. Remember, he has the 'L' on his record, his is not obliged to take a rematch. I think he definately should have taken it, because style wise, he ****s all over Tito.

DLH/Whitaker was a very close fight, however I scored it just for Oscar. I scored DLH/Sturm 7-5 for Sturm. That wasn't a good decision.

Don't make me bring up DLH-Mosley II either.

Comment

Okay, I don’t think the first three rounds can be argued. Oscar wins them hands down. I will just analyse the rounds you gave to Trinidad. Note: I am watching this on mute, on my computer as a type this, so I can’t hear the crowd, nor the commentary.

Round 4
                    Fighters meet at mid-ring, Tito throws a 1-1-2, and Oscar avoids them all. Tito throws a left hook that deflects off Oscar’s glove. Oscar is bouncing on his toes, he lands a left jab on the forehead, misses a second jab and throws a combo to the body, only a right hand lands. Tito forces Oscar into a corner, but Oscar easily gets out. Tito throws a left, then a right, both miss. Oscar is controlling the movement. A left jab from Tito lands on Oscar’s glove. Oscar throws a jab that falls short. Oscar then throws a hard straight right than deflects off Tito’s glove, then lands on the head. Tito throws a jab that lands, and Oscar counters with a straight right that lands. They trade a few jabs that all miss or are blocked. 2:00 left in the round.

Tito throws a 1-2, and the good right hand lands. Oscar uses lateral movement and lands a jab. Tito chases and throws a left and a right that Oscar ducks under. Oscar lands a double jab. 1:42 left, and both miss jabs. Oscar throws a rangefinder jab and Tito lands a jab. Tito throws a hard left hook that misses by about a metre. 1:30 left, and Tito throws a 1-2 that are both easily blocked by Oscar. Oscar throws a triple jab, only the second one lands. Tito grazes a left hand off Oscar’s head, and Oscar simultaneously lands a hard jab. Moving around, and Oscar lands a soft jab. 1:00 left in the round.

Oscar lands a hard left hook to the body, and Tito tries to counter with a left hook upstairs, but Oscar deflects it, taking most of the power out. Oscar throws a few jabs, one lands. And again, and lands two. Oscar ducks a Tito left and counters with a right hand that grazes of Tito’s shoulder. There is a slow exchange, where nothing lands. Tito is starting to be more aggressive. 0:30 left, Tito throws a few punches that are all avoided by Oscar. Oscar lands two jabs. 0:10 left, Tito grazes a left hook off Oscar’s glove.

This round: Oscar landed more clean shots. Tito was the aggressor, but it didn’t do much for him. Oscar showed good ring generalship, controlling the movement for most of the round.

I’ll score it 10-9 for Tito just to be nice, but I wouldn’t mind if it was scored even, or for Oscar, because it definitely could have gone to Oscar.

Note: At this stage of the fight, judge Hamada has the fight even, Logist has Tito up 39-38, and Roth has Oscar up 39-37 (that’s 3-1 for Tito, LOL). This is a disgrace.

Round 5
                    Tito comes out and throws a left hook immediately that is blocked. Almost 0:30 seconds gone, nothing happening really. Tito throws a 1-1-2 that all miss, and Oscar counters with a right hand that grazes Tito. Oscar throws a 1-2, with the right hand deflecting off the glove and softly landing on the forehead. Both throw a left hook simultaneously, both are blocked. 2:00 left.

Both are throwing, but nothing is landing. Oscar throws a double jab, the second lands. He lands a soft right hand upstairs. The next 8 seconds or so is just some minor throwing and blocking by both. Tito starting to use aggression more effectively, cutting off the ring for the first time really, but Oscar still finding ways to get around. They exchange jabs, all miss. Oscar lines Tito up, and throws a hard right hand, then a left hook, both miss. 1:00 left.

Oscar then throws a 1-2-3, the jab misses but the right hand and left hook land hard flush. Tito chasing Oscar, throwing in frustration seemingly, and missing. Both throw a jab, and both miss. More throwing, more missing. A small exchange and Tito lands a good right hand as Oscar moves out. 0:10 left. Oscar does his last minute flurry, which a right hand lands, and a left hook grazes. Round over.

10-9 Oscar, for his very nice flurries and combinations. I’m sorry but Tito just didn’t do enough that round.

Judges all gave it to Oscar, 48-47, 48-48, 47-48. How anyone could have Tito winning at this point is beyond me. A fix perhaps?

Round 9
                    Round begins, both throw a few punches, all are blocked. Tito throws a left hook as Oscar moves around to the right, but Oscar blocks it with his glove. Oscar lands a very light jab. Oscar along the ropes, Tito digs in a left hook to the body that partially lands on Oscar’s elbow. Oscar throws a combo that misses, then feints with the left and partially lands a right hand on the forehead. They stand at mid ring, 2:20 left and Oscar throws a four punch combination of hooks to the body, at least three land, and then lands a left uppercut on the chin. Then Oscar lands a jab, right hook-left hook combination to the body. He throws a 1-2 that falls short. He lunges in and lands a hard right hook to the body. Tito tries a 1-2, but misses (the right appears to land, but actually lands on the glove). 2:00 left.

Tito throws a right hand lead that lands, and misses with the follow up left hook. Oscar throws a double jab, with the first one landing flush and the second grazing. Tito throws a left hook, then straight right at Oscar on the ropes. Again, the right hand appears to land, but upon closer inspection (I re-watched it three times), Oscar clearly blocks it with his RIGHT hand that he brings across. Tito is chasing Oscar around the ring, throwing rights and left hooks that are all missing. Oscar throws a left downstairs that misses, and comes upstairs with the left hook that grazes the top of Tito’s head. Tito throws a left hook that Oscar blocks, and lunges with a right but Oscar is out of range. Tito then lands a right hand that popped out like a jab. Oscar misses a jab, and Tito lands a soft straight right. 1:00 left.

Oscar lands a grazing right hand, and Tito lands a grazing left hand. Oscar throws a very soft flurry, with one or two landing, but without damage. Tito now chasing Oscar as he dances, Ali-esque. Oscar stops to throw a left hook and hard right hand, but both fall short. He then plants and lands a hard right hand. Tito chasing again. Tito throws a soft left uppercut (from the chest), that just grazes Oscar. Tito’s aggression looking effective, 0:09 left and Oscar lands a soft left jab. Oscar flurries, missing all but a soft right hook to the body.

Oscar’s round, 10-9.

The first minute is absolutely dominated by Oscar, the second minute is probably Tito’s, but it wasn’t clear cut, and the last minute is basically even, possibly Oscar’s. On that basis, Oscar wins the round.

2 of the 3 judges score this for Tito. Blind perhaps? After this much domination by Oscar, one judge has the fight even!!!! This is laughable. One has Oscar up by 1 point, and the other by 3. These scores are ridiculous.

Incidentally, the compubox stats through the fight at this stage are: 196 to 98 landed for Oscar, 456 to 320 thrown for Oscar. While obviously punch stats don’t tell the whole story, it is an indication of the domination.

Round 10
                    10 seconds past, and finally a punch is thrown, a left jab by Oscar that lands. They stand toe-to-toe (note: Oscar not running!) Tito throws a left uppercut that grazes under Oscar’s chin, doing no damage. Oscar throws a jab downstairs that misses, and then lands a jab upstairs. Oscar sticks the left hand in Tito’s face, and Tito throws a left hook that is blocked. Tito throws a flurry, all the punches clearly miss. Oscar throwing jabs, all miss. Oscar starting to use lateral movement, Tito throwing a combo, but all blocked or avoided by Oscar. Tito throws a jab that lands softly, and Oscar lands a slightly harder jab to the body. Tito throws a right hand that Oscar ducks under. 2:00 left.

Oscar moving around, Tito chasing, and lands a straight right. Oscar had his back to the ropes, lands left hand, and throws a right-left and the left lands flush. Tito throwing lots of lead-right hands, that are all blocked easily. Oscar holds Tito’s head with his left hand, and ducks under a left hook thrown by Tito. Tito throws a left uppercut that lands under Oscar’s elbow. Oscar pawing with the left hand, and Tito starts throwing wild left hands that all miss. Oscar controls the movement, and Tito lands a grazing right hand. Oscar stops and throws a 1-2, that misses. Oscar throws a combo to the body, with two hooks landing, and Tito tries to counter upstairs but his left hook is blocked. A 1-2 from Oscar is avoided. They exchange jabs that miss. 1:00 left.

Oscar throws a soft left hook that is partially blocked, and Oscar easily avoids a left uppercut from Tito. Tito is chasing Oscar, throwing and missing. Oscar dancing, and throwing jabs from his hips. Tito lands a glancing right hand that grazes the side of Oscar’s head. Tito gets Oscar on the ropes, and throws a combo, on a left hand partially lands. Oscar plants and partially lands a left hook to the body. Tito chases, and Oscar lands right hand to the body (you have to look closely) as Tito misses with the left uppercut, and Oscar misses with a hard left hook. Tito chasing, and both land glancing jabs. Tito lands a soft right hand. 0:10 seconds left, and Oscar flurries again. Among about 10 or so punches, he lands two left hooks to the body and two soft punches upstairs. Tito landed a soft right hand among the flurry.

Hell that round was close, and it was pretty action-lacking. I’m going to score it 10-10, but if I couldn’t call it even, I would give it to Oscar.

Oscar then gives away the last two rounds.

So on my scorecard from watching this fight, I have it:

8-3-1 to Oscar De La Hoya.

Comment

....................?

Comment

Working...
                      X