No announcement yet.

Being unbeaten, doesn't mean you are the best

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chaconfan View Post
    But it really isn't that difficult to achieve pal. There have been tons of guys who built up long unbeaten streaks, only to lose when they fought someone who could fight back.
    If you retire before young tough fighters challenge you, you can avoid a defeat. Julio Cesar Chavez was 87-0 at one time, and in those 87 wins, he had won titles in different weights and had beaten tons of great fighters, but no one makes a big deal about that anymore because he got beat, just like anyone eventually would, but why take credit away from a guy who did not quit whilst on top? We could say, he only lost because he was old, worn out, fighting bigger men etc, but we don't, we focus on guys with unbeaten records, which is unfair.
    Let me show you how people are right here. Deontay Wilder is 38 -0 37 ko's and the only time he did not ko his opponent was because he broke his hand whilst hitting him. This is a fact right? Thing is, you can go on any boxing forum and people will be criticizing him for his lack of quality opposition. When time passes, people forget, and then a myth and legend grows. Imagine in fifty years time, if Wilder goes 60 and 0 or something like that, people won't bring up his lack of quality opposition, they will just consider his record amazing, just like most people do regarding Marciano's.
    you are correct. we both know this. im not the best devils advocate.

hey, i gave it go

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      That's Del the funky ****sapien bro. Or a well known stripper if you are talking about the chick in my sig quote area lol.

And I don't think its a racial thing by any means. Rocky was a bad mfer. I just find these lil details people overlook now interesting & wasn't bringing up what I brought up to dog Rocky just throwing out facts.

Hell man JCC had a DQ L early in his career that got reversed cuz his manager was on the boxing commission so his 80ish & 0 record was lucky too. And he was still a bad mfer too.
      The stripper is awesome bro.
      Please don't think I am having a go at black people, I actually wish I was black, and that is a fact. It was just an observation that I picked up on.
      All my fav music is black, and as you can see on my fav fighters list, most are black. I have been luck enough to have met many of them too. Peace bro

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
        you are correct. we both know this. im not the best devils advocate.

hey, i gave it go
        I only want friends on here. Many love to be sarcastic, bitter, ****y, arrogant, argumentative, or worse.
        I mostly just defend fighters who are being unfairly criticized and like to show people's hypocrisy. Thank you for your input.

Comment

Marciano was not a super great fighter, it's just a fact. But he seems to be a sacred cow that you aren't allowed to criticize for some reason. Perhaps it's racial, I don't know.

The crazy thing is that to me Jack Dempsey was ten times the fighter that Marciano was. But because he wasn't undefeated he doesn't seem to get put on the same pedestal.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Marciano was not a super great fighter, it's just a fact. But he seems to be a sacred cow that you aren't allowed to criticize for some reason. Perhaps it's racial, I don't know.

The crazy thing is that to me Jack Dempsey was ten times the fighter that Marciano was. But because he wasn't undefeated he doesn't seem to get put on the same pedestal.
            You are correct my friend. I have had loads of stick on other forums and on youtube for simply talking about his unbeaten record. Only black guys ever seem to agree with me, but that is a separate issue.
            Thanks for your input.

Comment

No NOT ridiculous. Just because YOU think it is, doesn't make it so.
              When I said everyone knows, America used to be very racist and tried very hard to have a white guy as champ, I meant everyone who knew anything about the history of boxing. Never heard of books like this one?...
              When boxing was ridiculously racist. By Ian Carey.
              Or this one. Unforgivable blackness.
              Or this.The great white hope.
              There are many others and many documentaries that prove that what I suggest as a strong possibility is NOT remotely ridiculous, as it is based on a multitude of previous biased and unfair treatment of black fighters not being allowed to fight for the title etc.
              I did not say it would happen for a fact, so why is it not a possibility?
              So it's a possibility? That's fine. Anything's possible.

Comment

I only want friends on here. Many love to be sarcastic, bitter, ****y, arrogant, argumentative, or worse.
                I mostly just defend fighters who are being unfairly criticized and like to show people's hypocrisy. Thank you for your input.
                you described me.

of the remaining 0's, whos do you see lasting/ending ?

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
                  you described me.

of the remaining 0's, whos do you see lasting/ending ?
                  It is very rare that boxers can walk away whilst seeming to be unbeatable, so I doubt we will see another HW champ retire unbeaten. It is said that Marciano saw how fast and youthful Floyd Patterson was and knew Liston was very dangerous, so because he had struggled to beat a 45 year old light heavy, he retired before he had to face either of them.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                    So it's a possibility? That's fine. Anything's possible.
                    That is all I was saying pal. I did not say that I know for a fact. I just surmised it would happen, based on America's desperate need for a white HW champ.

Comment

It is very rare that boxers can walk away whilst seeming to be unbeatable, so I doubt we will see another HW champ retire unbeaten. It is said that Marciano saw how fast and youthful Floyd Patterson was and knew Liston was very dangerous, so because he had struggled to beat a 45 year old light heavy, he retired before he had to face either of them.
                      yeah. rocky knew his time was up and got out.

heres the 0 list (*= who i think will keep it). i dont watch the tiny fellas (sry if i missed any)~

aj
                      wilder
                      1x
                      sog*
                      bud
                      3g (if he beats canelo and stays at mw, he will keep his 0)
                      mikey g*
                      loma
                      rigo

Comment

Working...
                      X