No announcement yet.

Most overrated boxer in history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by butterfly1964
    but i would give him more credit than rocky cause he didn't struggle with his competition like marciano did.

Marciano was smaller than all his opponents...he is far from over-rated

Comment

Originally posted by Yaman
      Not that he's a bum, but he is overrated when people put him in the top 5 or something. First of all, the mob controlled some of his fights. I know you'll disagree, but you have no proof, and by reading everything about him, the mob did help him out. I also dont believe he threw the second fight against Ali. You'll disagree, but it has never been proven so i can believe what i want.
      why do you say he's overrated? it's not like people here think he was good. nobody thinks he was good, except for a handfull. so even if you don't think he was good, you can't say he was overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by JDizzle79
        marciano usually fought cruiserweights like himself who had limited skill like himself.

Comment

The only way Butterfly will give Marciano any credit,is if it is discovered that Rocky was actually black somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964
            i think alot of hw's could have beaten marciano besides ali and louis.
            Possibly but since he never lost, we don't know . Quite a few could have beaten Louis and hes still in most people's top 2. Ali would, Marciano would, Foreman and Tyson would probably. Maybe Frazier also.

Comment

Originally posted by Chum12788
              Possibly but since he never lost, we don't know . Quite a few could have beaten Louis and hes still in most people's top 2. Ali would, Marciano would, Foreman and Tyson would probably. Maybe Frazier also.

well, I remember an article I read about Ali and Marciano being put into a computer to see who would win a fight and the result was Marciano. I know that holds no mustard to butterfly

Comment

Yep. Alot of arguments is that the computer was inaccurate but there is also much talk about when Marciano became mad at Ali during the filming. Marciano knocked him down and counted out with a very hard shot to the body.

Comment

Originally posted by Chum12788
                  Yep. Alot of arguments is that the computer was inaccurate but there is also much talk about when Marciano became mad at Ali during the filming. Marciano knocked him down and counted out with a very hard shot to the body.

I think they are the two best though...who's #1 and #2...who knows, but they are both great

Comment

I think they are the two best though...who's #1 and #2...who knows, but they are both great
                    Very true!

Comment

tyson and jack johnsen proabably the most overrated, apart from butterfly i dont see anyone overating liston

Comment

Working...
                      X