Collapse
No announcement yet.

Larry Holmes On Marciano, Louis, Ali And Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

larry holmes is a very underrated fighter.

http://www.********boxing.com/news.php?p=5692&more=1
    where the stars are put e a s t s i d e (no spaces)

I don't think Larry Holmes was the greastest, he was good but the fact is many old greats that he puts down would have KO'd him. Dempsey, Marciano,Louis,and Ali would have beaten his ass inside of 9 rounds in his prime

Comment

Originally posted by Yaman
      Ahem..Ali wasn't doing the ****kicking bro.

But i agree, Holmes has the worst caracter of any HW champ ever. Maybe James Toney will surpass him if he wins the title.
      From what ive read Ali certainly did give him a ****kicking after he started mouthing off.

Comment

That comment he made about Marcianos recored couldn't hold a candle to his jockstrap was uncalled for. Either way he was a great fighter. Definitely to 10 material.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonRingRules
          I'm sure Larry can be very gracious, but he's known more for his idiotic public comments.
          i agree for me Larry Holmes is very hard to like because he never gives cred to anyone but himself which may be from the fact that he was given none as champ himself but to take away from other greats is not going to make him look any better then he does in historys eyes

Comment

fighters nowadays tend to be stronger but IMO slower and they dont seem to have that much more power. marciano would probably beat any of todays heavyweights.

Comment

Holmes overrates himself far too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Heckler
                From what ive read Ali certainly did give him a ****kicking after he started mouthing off.

Give me proof on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaman
                  Give me proof on that.
                  Muhammad Ali - His Life And Times Page 401

...Third round he beat the **** out of Larry, went back to his corner and yelled "Larry you're the better fighter. I just got the title" Holmes was crying "No champ that's a lie".............

You can find it and read the rest...
                  Last edited by SABBATH; 05-18-2006, 12:28 PM.

Comment

o Larry Holmes has always been like that since he was boxing,
                    I still have alot off respect for Larry because he was a great boxer,
                    but some off his comments are wayyy off mark,
                    Larry has never been on the tyson band wagon even in the 86-88 ere i rememeber when Holmes faced Tyson i believe after Tyson had just beat Biggs, Holmes was chating **** about tyson all before the fight about "tyson will never go down in the history books" this was after he became the youngest heavyweight champion off all time 2 like lol, **** like tht, Larrys head is massive true.
                    and tht talk about PRIME ON PRIME he would have beat ALi lol thts bull****, Ali would have schoold his ass for 12 rounds chating **** 2 him every round around how slow Larry was, Larry wayy off the mark saying he would beat "the GREAT1"

Comment

The rematch we've all been waiting for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhrJn...larry%20holmes

VS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNf0T...0tyson%20funny

Comment

Working...
                      X