No announcement yet.

Joe Frazier's bunny hop

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chum12788
    Stoppage by the ref in the closing seconds.
    Woo, 1000 posts!
    it actually was a knockout or at least should have been a knockout. wepner was sprawled on the canvas for the ten count, so it was a ko.

Comment

That was no KO. It was like every regular Ali stoppage, he's the only one punching and the ref stops it on cuts. No ko.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaman
        That was no KO. It was like every regular Ali stoppage, he's the only one punching and the ref stops it on cuts. No ko.
        If you guys are going to debate what happened in a fight it would help if you actually took the time to watch the fight so you would know what the hell you're talking about.

For the record Ali staggered Wepner with a very solid left-right combination. As Wepner was on rubbery legs Ali throws another left-right, another left-right, three left hooks a left-right and a final right and dropped him into the ropes. From the moment Wepner touches the canvas until the fight is stopped Wepner is not up and it is actually 11 seconds exactly as Perez waves the fight off with Wepner getting up unsteadily. It was the first time in Wepner's career that he was floored. Try actually watching the fight for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by SABBATH
          If you guys are going to debate what happened in a fight it would help if you actually took the time to watch the fight so you would know what the hell you're talking about.

For the record Ali staggered Wepner with a very solid left-right combination. As Wepner was on rubbery legs Ali throws another left-right, another left-right, three left hooks a left-right and a final right and dropped him into the ropes. From the moment Wepner touches the canvas until the fight is stopped Wepner is not up and it is actually 11 seconds exactly as Perez waves the fight off with Wepner getting up unsteadily. It was the first time in Wepner's career that he was floored. Try actually watching the fight for a change.
          I've seen the fight years ago homer. But that was a long time ago, even before the Osbournes. Ali needed that many punches to stop a bum.
          Last edited by BKM-; 05-09-2006, 08:43 AM.

Comment

I've seen the fight years ago homer. But that was a long time ago, even before the Osbournes. Ali needed that many punches to stop a bum.
            That's no surprise, as no one takes your threads serious anyway. I doubt you have seen Ali-Wepner at all or much of any boxing that doesn't involve Tyson.

By the way, Holyfield dropped Tyson with a body shot. Left hook to the chest. I'm sure you didn't see that fight 'years ago.'
            Last edited by SABBATH; 05-09-2006, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SABBATH
              That's no surprise, as no one takes your threads serious anyway. I doubt you have seen Ali-Wepner at all or much of any boxing that doesn't involve Tyson.

By the way, Holyfield dropped Tyson with a body shot. Left hook to the chest. I'm sure you didn't see that fight 'years ago.'
              As a matter of fact, i watched the T-H fight yesterday haha. Ali-Wepner was on espn classic a long time ago. I did see it. Don't dissrespect me SABBATH, i have made more topics than you im sure, and they're very good. I remember you making big posts in my ''strongest fighter ever'' thread . And my other succeses like ''most complete fighter ever'' and ''wich boxing fights do you have?'' are all big threads with good discussions. So they do take me serious SABBATH.

We're going offtopic, so, Joe Frazier's legs gave up on him a lot of times when he got rocked, so he did everything he could to stay on his feet, and i guess that little jump helped him.

Comment

why don't you watch the fight before you post. i have the fight and have watched it about ten times. ali threw alot of punches and staggered wepner. then ali threw a right hand that dropped wepner and wepner fell on the ropes and slid down to the canvas. wepner was down for at least ten seconds in the fight. geez, get your information right before you post.

Comment

I'll have to go back and watch it to be certain; but I'm fairly sure that Wepner was counted out. I know he got knocked down from a vicious flurry and was exhausted to boot. If memory serves me correctly, he had one arm d****d over the strands and was attempting to rise to beat the count when he collapsed and the ref waved it off. Like I said, I'm not 100% sure the ref reaced 10; but I'm 99.9% sure he did.

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG
                    I'll have to go back and watch it to be certain; but I'm fairly sure that Wepner was counted out. I know he got knocked down from a vicious flurry and was exhausted to boot. If memory serves me correctly, he had one arm d****d over the strands and was attempting to rise to beat the count when he collapsed and the ref waved it off. Like I said, I'm not 100% sure the ref reaced 10; but I'm 99.9% sure he did.
                    they ruled it a stoppage, but trrruuuuust me. it was a knock out.

Comment

...and a young Slyvester Stallone was at the fight, and the rest is history.

Comment

Working...
                      X