No announcement yet.

Street fighting stories.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street fighting stories.

Watching some treads about street fighters i found most of the elections of the people were based on suposition, so i want to hear some stories in real life.
    I recollect some:
    -I heard Jeff Fenech brutally beat a guy after an amateur fight
    -Chuck Wiggins beating a lot of guys in a bar, then beating the police, and then beating the guys in prison
    -Old Dempsey beating a young guy who tried to assault him
    -Shavers playing cards with some tough guys, and then someone said he cheated, then he gets up and ask someone to tell him he cheated, and everyone remains seated
    -The bar brawlers like Sullivan, Jeffries and others
    -Duran beating everyone in the gym, including his fater
    -LaMotta beating a guy after robed him, for years he thought he killed the guy
    -Wilde beating men twice his weight
    -Liston taking the gun of a police officer and beating him
    -Tyson beating the guy who kill his pidgeon
    Post more if anyone knows some...
    Also want to add an story of two guys in my high school, that thing happened years ago when i was 13: One of the guys was a guy who i know since we where pretty young, one day in class, he was pointing at something and then other guy goes and push him, the guys started screaming in the school, so after classes they met each other in front of a church that is close the school, these guys where from complicated families, and the one i know was a pretty weird guy from a family of tough guys.
    Both families where there like if it was a real boxing match.
    Then these two guys of 14 or 15 years, started to punch each other non stop, blood was coming from both guys noses, lips, mouths, eyes, both were swollen, they where with tears in the eyes, but still punching each other, everyone was enjoying the fight, but then became to brutal, so the cab drivers who stood in the church to wait for people, tried to stop the fight, the guys started to punch the cab drivers, and they were falling down, one punch, one driver down, the guys then came back to they fight and continued to punch each other, until the police arrived.
    I never saw a fight like that, those guys never clinched, never throw an ilegal punch or something, they punched each other until the end, crazy fight.
    P.D
    Excuse me for my english, is very limited

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
    Watching some treads about street fighters i found most of the elections of the people were based on suposition, so i want to hear some stories in real life.
    I recollect some:
    -I heard Jeff Fenech brutally beat a guy after an amateur fight
    -Chuck Wiggins beating a lot of guys in a bar, then beating the police, and then beating the guys in prison
    -Old Dempsey beating a young guy who tried to assault him
    -Shavers playing cards with some tough guys, and then someone said he cheated, then he gets up and ask someone to tell him he cheated, and everyone remains seated
    -The bar brawlers like Sullivan, Jeffries and others
    -Duran beating everyone in the gym, including his fater
    -LaMotta beating a guy after robed him, for years he thought he killed the guy
    -Wilde beating men twice his weight
    -Liston taking the gun of a police officer and beating him
    -Tyson beating the guy who kill his pidgeon
    Post more if anyone knows some...
    Also want to add an story of two guys in my high school, that thing happened years ago when i was 13: One of the guys was a guy who i know since we where pretty young, one day in class, he was pointing at something and then other guy goes and push him, the guys started screaming in the school, so after classes they met each other in front of a church that is close the school, these guys where from complicated families, and the one i know was a pretty weird guy from a family of tough guys.
    Both families where there like if it was a real boxing match.
    Then these two guys of 14 or 15 years, started to punch each other non stop, blood was coming from both guys noses, lips, mouths, eyes, both were swollen, they where with tears in the eyes, but still punching each other, everyone was enjoying the fight, but then became to brutal, so the cab drivers who stood in the church to wait for people, tried to stop the fight, the guys started to punch the cab drivers, and they were falling down, one punch, one driver down, the guys then came back to they fight and continued to punch each other, until the police arrived.
    I never saw a fight like that, those guys never clinched, never throw an ilegal punch or something, they punched each other until the end, crazy fight.
    P.D
    Excuse me for my english, is very limited
    When your adrenaline is pumping and your in the heat of the fight you have waaaay more powerful punches than when you are calm cool collected but the downside is you are extremely vulnerable as well as extremely off balance due to throwing everything into the punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
      When your adrenaline is pumping and your in the heat of the fight you have waaaay more powerful punches than when you are calm cool collected but the downside is you are extremely vulnerable as well as extremely off balance due to throwing everything into the punches.
      Yeah...but imagine a pro boxer going full brutal against an average guy is crazy, just imagine all the guys who went to Galento's bar and get kicked out of there by this crazy, fat, little guy.

Comment

Story goes that after some words Ray Robinson got KTFO with one shot in the street, I forget the name of the fellow pro fighter who did it.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
          Story goes that after some words Ray Robinson got KTFO with one shot in the street, I forget the name of the fellow pro fighter who did it.
          I remember this.

It was an angry sparring partner. Thought Robby wasn't going to pay him.

Comment

Dempsey would go to bars and take on whoever stepped up

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
              I remember this.

It was an angry sparring partner. Thought Robby wasn't going to pay him.
              Aaron Wade and he caused a separation between the sixth and seventh ribs.

Rumours at the time, and generally accepted is that Wade was offered a pay-cut and that was his response.

Comment

Nah he was just knocked down from a sucker punch as he was walking out of a boxing gym. The guy was a former murders row boxer. Needless to say Robinson knocked him out soon after in 3 rounds but it is commonly known the guy took a dive.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
                  Nah he was just knocked down from a sucker punch as he was walking out of a boxing gym. The guy was a former murders row boxer. Needless to say Robinson knocked him out soon after in 3 rounds but it is commonly known the guy took a dive.
                  From what I remember Robinson was out cold and that is not a surprise at all, he probably hit his head on the concrete floor and it was a bare fist sucker punch. Many people have died this way, so for Ray to take that and still go hundreds of pro fights without ever getting knocked out says a lot about the man's skull. Jesus.

Comment

From what I remember Robinson was out cold and that is not a surprise at all, he probably hit his head on the concrete floor and it was a bare fist sucker punch. Many people have died this way, so for Ray to take that and still go hundreds of pro fights without ever getting knocked out says a lot about the man's skull. Jesus.
                    I suppose it would be up to which version each of us has heard.

Comment

Working...
                    X