Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Tyson and Holyfield fought in 1991, who would have won?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bwilson View Post
    Holyfield was faster back then. Evander late stoppage.
    He was also not as strong, lighter in weight, seemingly more chinny(The roided Evander brushed off powershots from Tyson and Lewis. Whereas young Evander got put through the ropes by lil Bert Cooper) and most importantly, he was quite stubborn and dangerously in love with slugging it out with opponents.

Couple all of that with a version of Tyson who had more stamina, heart and toughness in 91, and the odds go in his favor more.

I always maintained that the 1996/97 Holyfield was perfectly suited to fight Tyson.

Comment

Evander Holyfield might just be my favorite fighter of all time. But I just can't see the 91 version of Evander beating the 91 version of Mike. Mike was pretty sloppy then but he was still the best HW in the world, #2 or 3 at worst. He was still lightning fast (he was much slower in 96), extremely powerful and could eat bombs. The kind of bombs that I can't see THAT version of Evander taking for 12 rounds. And Tyson would be up for that for a match against Holyfield, no question.

Comment

Working...
      X