Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The AlexKid 'questions about punchers, chins, hiprotation etc.' superduper thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was the greatest boxer of all time, excluding genetics?

So it cant eb a guy that got by on advantageous genes like the sugars, roy jones jr, etc

Willie Pep?

Comment

• No offense but so much of the technique of a fighter is based upon his genetics that it is impossible to remove the two.

Even a guy like Pep had freakish reflexes. Chin, power, reach, speed and reflexes to a certain extent are all tied to genetics so trying to remove the genetic factor is pointless.What a fighter does with whatever gifts they have is how you craft a style that works for an individual.

A guy with absolutely no genetic gifts will not be fighting at a world level.

Comment

• Originally posted by escudo View Post
        No offense but so much of the technique of a fighter is based upon his genetics that it is impossible to remove the two.

Even a guy like Pep had freakish reflexes. Chin, power, reach, speed and reflexes to a certain extent are all tied to genetics so trying to remove the genetic factor is pointless.What a fighter does with whatever gifts they have is how you craft a style that works for an individual.

A guy with absolutely no genetic gifts will not be fighting at a world level.
        ^^^^
        This!

Comment

• BS You pick teh guy with the lousiest genetics that did disproportionately well

The chinny guy with short reach poor power speed and endurance or as close as possible to that

Comment

• We need to make biology section

Comment

• Has there ever been a time where they threw say a welterweight in with a heavyweight?

To see what would happen?

Id love to see that Ricky hatton vs Tyson or something would be epic for the first round

I like Hatton hes just perfect a go get in there type of exciting fighter to match up with Tyson
              Last edited by AlexKid; 01-04-2017, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/Ioyl85MgFEA

what the fcuk emotion am I experiencing when I see this?

Im not a sadist I like something to do with destructiveness, what the hell instinct is that?

Why did it evolve?
                Last edited by AlexKid; 01-04-2017, 08:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                  To see what would happen?

Id love to see that Ricky hatton vs Tyson or something would be epic for the first round

I like Hatton hes just perfect a go get in there type of exciting fighter to match up with Tyson
                  Shaq vs Shane Mosley on YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by Mc,Lovin View Post
                    Shaq vs Shane Mosley on YouTube
                    Wow that was amazing.

If only Shaq had the basic power mechanics down or hips down.

Any of a proper HW boxer? The closest I could find was Ali vs a MW and Dempsey blasting out a huge guy which is the opposite

Comment

• Thanks Nelson you old fart!

Comment

Working...
                      X