Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The AlexKid 'questions about punchers, chins, hiprotation etc.' superduper thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For anyone who thinks I am kidding about Art Hafey's power, read the link. His diminutive stature makes him the leader, in my opinion. He was even small for his weight class, so to speak. He knocked people cold as chilled cucumber. I don't know what the article means by his style did not translate to audiences. He was one of the best guys to watch who got shut out during his peak.

http://www.myboxingfans.com/2009/10/...film-premiere/

Comment

• I've read that Aurelio Toyo was a brutal puncher.

Comment

• It has to be Hafey. That even makes a worthy chant.

It has to be Ha-fey, It has to be Ha-fey.

Comment

• Tyson instantly comes to mind - just pure explosive the way he's throw the rapid power punch combinations. Others... Roy Jones. Hearns. Leonard. Robinson.

Comment

• Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
            meldrick taylor, hector camacho, sugar ray leonard all bigger than pac naturally , Jones is amazing for a man his size
            Exactly this

Comment

• Recently I think khans and Russell jrs speed rivals theirs

Comment

• New question whats the fastest combination of punches youve ever seen?

Comment

• How would RJJ have done vs Mike Tyson after the 1st Tarver fight?

He wanted to fight Tyson then retire.

How would it have gone down?

Comment

• Has there ever been a southpaw that used a very front on stance like Tysons?

Would it be a smart stance to use or not and why?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                      New question whats the fastest combination of punches youve ever seen?
                      Recently - Gary Russell Jr vs Estrada. Historically - any combination from roy Jones particularly at 160. Also meldrick Taylor threw some extremely quick combinations. A couple of quick fighters who haven't got mentioned so far are Floyd Patterson, pep and ike Williams

Comment

Working...
                      X