No announcement yet.

if you dont think ali's number one u should be banned

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NextRocky
    catipillar chosen_one is your alt and you know it!

its butterfly1964's alt, he can't stand it if there isn't an active ali thread going at all times. nuthugger to the extreme

Comment

Foreman, Holmes, Marciano, Tyson, and Ali would have had a good chance of beating Louis, I don't think Frazier did.

Comment

Originally posted by dansweeney
        butterfly1964, you are one sick dude, its obviously, you. stop jerking off about ali you ******. its rediculous now. everyone knows about ali. your not blowing the lid off some mystery or something man
        lol, that's not me. but damn, he's alot like me, though. just a little more extreme than me though.

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964
          lol, that's not me. but damn, he's alot like me, though. just a little more extreme than me though.

sorry about the language there butterfly, i just really wanted to see if it was you. i really did think it was you though. he is extreme to the extreme man

Comment

Originally posted by dansweeney
            sorry about the language there butterfly, i just really wanted to see if it was you. i really did think it was you though. he is extreme to the extreme man
            i don't have an alt. i wouldn't need one, since it's not like i ever get banned or anything like that. also he said marciano is number two, which is something i would never dream of saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Heckler
              Good thinking smasher, i missed those. Point is essentially all boxers have/had flaws. Although im not sure if there was anything Joe Gans couldn't do, ive never heard anyone comment on a flaw of his. Sugar Ray Robinson was pretty close to a perfect fighter also, however his defence wasn't perfect.. he often got caught by fighters like Lamotta.
              A modern example would be Sugar Ray Leonard. He could win as a flat-footed puncher (Kalule), an elusive lateral moving boxer (Hagler, Duran II) a chess match angles counterpuncher (Benitez) or he could mix styles within a fight from lateral movement boxer to flat-footed stalker/puncher (Hearns II).

Lighter fighters deserve to be acknowledged as the P4P best because they are usually more versatile than heavyweights although Evander Holyfield was pretty versatile if you think about it. A jab and movement use the reach advantage fight on the outside style (Quawi I) in/score and get out on the balls of his feet against a taller longer reach opponent(Foreman, Bowe II), and a head to head flat-footed inside fighter (Tyson). He was able to defeat some pretty top notch opponents while deploying radically different styles.

I have mentioned in other threads that I have spoken at length with George Chuvalo in the past. Chuvalo is a pretty astute guy when it comes to analyzing fighters. I asked him once what he thought of Evander Holyfield who at the time had just won the heavyweight championship from Buster Douglas. George complimented Holyfield as a fighter and summed him up as "JACK OF ALL TRADES, MASTER OF NONE." I'd say that was pretty accurate and Holyfield definitely lived up to Chuvalo's assesment!

Comment

Larry "Pansy" Holmes beating Joe Louis? Give me a break. Frazier broke Holmes' ribs in sparring, Holmes ducked Foreman repeatedly, and he got blown out by Tyson. The only decent fighter he beat was an overrated Muhammad Ali.

Louis KO2 Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Frazier's 15th round
                  Larry "Pansy" Holmes beating Joe Louis? Give me a break. Frazier broke Holmes' ribs in sparring, Holmes ducked Foreman repeatedly, and he got blown out by Tyson. The only decent fighter he beat was an overrated Muhammad Ali.

Louis KO2 Holmes
                  name one person besides a slow ali that frazier beat? who, jerry quarry? lol!!

Comment

Quarry was a great fighter, I don't know what's funny about that. Ali and Frazier were lucky that Quarry cut so easily. But if you look at the guys that both Frazier and Ali fought, Frazier usually beat them quicker. Doug Jones, Bob Foster, George Chuvalo, Buster Mathis, etc.

Comment

A slow Ali? If that Ali was slow than a prime Ali is incredible overrated because the Ali who fought Frazier was only slightly slower than the mid to late 60's version.

Comment

Working...
                      X