No announcement yet.

Forum Picks Greatest Middleweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Picks Greatest Middleweight

This a who beats who poll. Could not care less about accomplishments or longevity in this one. Face 'em up in thir primes and see who the greatest middleweight was in that respect.
    Greb
    2.33%
    Monzon
    16.28%
    Robinson
    32.56%
    Hagler
    32.56%
    Jones
    6.98%
    McClellan
    0.00%
    Jackson
    0.00%
    Hopkins
    6.98%
    Ketchel
    2.33%
    Fitz
    0.00%

I will take late 70s early 80s Hagler over anyone...

Comment

I picked monzon

Comment

Middleweights are always a great topic. Almost everyone agrees on who the top 5 are, getting them into an acceptable order is the tough part. Let's face it, these middleweights are all tough enough to compete with one another. There is not a single matchup between top 5 middleweights that would not be a barn burner, unless it involved Roy Jones and turned into a sleeper. To me, Jones is one of the debatable guys. Personally, I do not consider him a top 5 all time middleweight.

I voted for Monzon. It is the usual suspects--Robinson, Monzon, Hagler, Greb, and the wildcard fifth slot. I envision Monzon having less trouble with the other top 10 than anyone else.

Good arguments can be made for any of these men. That is the point.

Comment

I had a chat with Elroy1 and he wasn't impressed with this list AT ALL

He gives the award to GGG.

Comment

Sugar Ray Robinson...........the Blue Print for a boxer/puncher!

Comment

I did not read the first post. I picked monzon based on a great win loss record and retiring with the chip. In prime the Robinson of the st valentine massacre would beat any middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
                I did not read the first post. I picked monzon based on a great win loss record and retiring with the chip. In prime the Robinson of the st valentine massacre would beat any middleweight.
                Robinson had the deepest well, that is for sure. If I pick Monzon over him, I am thinking along the lines of 51-49 over a hundred matches. The fights between any of these guys are extremely close. It is not like Robinson or Hagler or Greb can just walk over the field.

Comment

Had to pick Haggler.

Robinson at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali;15769817[B
                    ]I will take late 70s early 80s Hagler over anyone...[/B]

this right here.....

Comment

Working...
                    X